Japan. Onsen Explorer. Hokkaido. Otura. Day 11.


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido
June 25th 2019
Published: June 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Onsen Explorer. Day 11. Otaru.

A nice warm sunny day for our last cycling day. 500m up the hill and a great descent to our first stop 16km away. We stopped on the hill to get a good view of the mini Mount Fuji called Mt Yotei, the top of which at 1900m was unfortunately covered in cloud. As we left town at the tea break we had a tail wind into the countryside which brought on a dose of perspiration running down my sun specs. The area looked quite prosperous again and it was a pleasure to ride through it to our lunch stop which was at the other side of a big hill, which has a 2km tunnel,very noisy but we cycled along the 1 1/2 metre pavement without mishaps. Down we went to Yoichi at a brisk pace with Olivia chasing like a pro. in Yoichi we went to the Nikka Whisky distillery for a look around and sample three whiskys, single malt a blend and apple whisky and we were then expected to walk to the railway station after that. The Authentic Hotel in Otura is very nice with a shower that can drill holes in your skin. The restaurant we went to for our final meal was top class with loads of meat out onto our own barbecue finished off with sushi and then ice cream caramele. Top class. Thanks to Ken and Ayu from Cycling Japan for another great tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb