Japan. Onsen Explorer. Day 12. Otaru. Hokkaido


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
June 27th 2019
Published: June 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Onsen Explorer. Day 12. Otaru. Hokkaido.
Great breakfast of all variety of food of Japanese and Western tastes. Full marks.
The temperature was 22 degrees at 10am as we went out to exploreWww the Canal and dockside. Plenty to see with small stalls selling artistic products. Sakaimachi Dori street was a tourists Mecca selling allsorts of tat and classy products as well. We were asked to take part in a tourist survey and to take part in a tea ceremony by some school children. This was quite interesting with them making the green tea and frothing it up with what looked like a shaving brush served with a small sweet cake. All the while three girls were playing what I think was a tune on long stringed instruments. Since the temperature was getting to 26 degrees we started to wilt and took refuge in the Authent hotel. At 5pm the fast train to New Chitose Airport was taken and then a good choice of meal of Butadon. Buta what? Thin slices of pork in a lovely sauce on rice, making a change from curry and rice. This is a long hot day arriving at our hotel just before midnight.
There is nothing like a good bed. zzz.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement




Tot: 0.594s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb