The Castle


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Fukuoka » Fukuoka
December 22nd 2015
Published: December 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Osaka --> Fukuoka


The alarm rings at 8:00AM for us and we quickly packed to head out to the Osaka Castle. Before going to the castle, we stopped by and ate at Japan's most famous burger chain called most Burger. See photos on how different the portion is vs. the USA.

The Osaka Castle sits on top of the main city of Osaka, and has 3 moats. I don't know why it has 3 separate moats, but just imagine storming the castle and climbing the walls, only to find out there are two more moats to cross over. The castle itself has some great restoration work done on it. The place was packed with tourists and the castle itself originated from the 16th century. After getting a few photos of the castle, we sat down and then this happened...


After the Osaka Castle, we headed to Osaka's tallest building which is called the Abenobashi Terminal Building. It sits 60 floors high and the view is breathtaking. Just don't look down as one can get pretty anxious. See the photo that looks straight down. =/

Sweating profusely, Ralph and I headed south on the bullet train to go towards Fukuoka pronounced (FOO-COO-OH-KA), we ended up eating the iconic Rice Ball that you see in anime. The trip down south took us through some really rural areas and Hiroshima which are in the photos above. We hit 200 MPH on the train and I included a 10 second video for you guys!
The bullet train took about 2 hours down and we finally reached Fukuoka.

Every city now is starting to look the same. Lots of Christmas lights and music, large buildings, cars traffic jammed on the streets. The city is famous for its Ramen, so Ralph and I decided to try that. After dinner, we headed on a night tour boat which took us around the bay of Fukuoka and after that we saw a famous Japanese traditional show in Fukuoka.

That's all for today, as we have an early boat ride to Busan (South Korea), then a bullet train to Seoul where I will be spending just a night there. KBBQ HERE I COME!

Lots of photos today for you guys so scroll down! Plenty of "on-the-ground" photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Mos BurgerMos Burger
Mos Burger

Famous chain of Japanese Burger


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb