The Ferry


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
December 23rd 2015
Published: December 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fukuoka --> Seoul


Ferry From JapanFerry From JapanFerry From Japan

Does this make me fresh off the boat?
Today was the earliest morning for Ralph and I. We woke up about 630AM to get ready and head out to the ferry station out in Fukuoka. We didn’t expect the weather to be bad, but it was raining heavily in the morning. After getting on the ferry, it was about a 3 hour boat ride to Busan in South Korea going about 60MPH. The ocean was pretty foggy and choppy, but I did manage to get some shots of us coming into the port. You can already tell how different building structure wise compared to the previous Japan cities. Unfortunately, Ralph and I don’t speak a word of Korean, so there are lots of pointing, grunting, and poor attempts at Google Translate. I ate at Lotteria, which is South Korea’s biggest burger joint. Had a Bulgogi Burger…it’s different, but its a McDonald's imitation.

We arrive in Busan, get through customs and immigration and head towards the train station of Busan. Getting on another bullet train, we head north towards Seoul which is about a 3 hour train ride (241 miles north). From the start, it looks like we passed by the country side of South Korea. We saw a bunch of development and farms on the way up. The weather is super foggy here so it gives that mystique look, but a lot of these towns we passed look less developed than modern cities. After arriving in Seoul, we decided to head towards the hotel and drop off our luggage. Around 9PM, Ralph and I met up with some of his Korean friends (who speak Korean, THANK GOD) and they showed us what Korean food is all about, KBBQ, TWO places in one night! The first place specialized in beef and the 2nd place specialized in pork. So I had two dinners and totally regretting it right now, but look at the two photos below and tell me you wouldn't have done the same. The city is extremely lit up with giant billboards and advertisements just like some of the cities in Japan. Our hotel is in the famous district of the song by Psy. Gangnam District and what a city, I truly wish I had more than one night here, but I got a taste of Seoul.

That’s all for today, we got to train it back down from Seoul to Busan, then ferry it from Busan back to Fukuoka, so another early day tomorrow.

Photos are below!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



23rd December 2015

KBBQ Bulgogi Burger!
Can I get a Bulgogi burger here (maybe K-town)!?! Sounds bomb..!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb