Bali - October 2009


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Even if our arrival in Singapore was delayed by 2 days (due to a technical problem on the A380 we had to turn back after flying for 3 hours, quite scary!), we still managed to find a flat and arrange all the paperwork on time so we could enjoy a short week in Bali before Jerome's first day at Tyco Asia.

We rented a very old 4x4 for the week and travelled around the island. It is not very big but we got lost a thousand times! On an island where there are no trafic rules we also managed to get fined but luckily they believed that our french driving licence was international, otherwise the fine would heve been even higher. And on top of this we locked ourselves out of the car! What an adventure... but we kept the smile. Next time we might just rent a scooter :-)

Appart from that, Bali is fantastic. There are a lot of beautiful landscapes: the ricefields of Ubud, the black sand beaches of Legian and the temples a little bit everywhere. We were there at the period of an hindou ceremony so all the little villages and temples were decorated. In front of each house, shop or temple they would leave some offerings. Of course, Marilyn managed to step on a few of them!

After this lovely holiday we came back even more relaxed and excited to discover Asia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.364s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb