Rumah Singgah Tuan Kadi, Pekanbaru (Mar 2020)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Pekanbaru
March 8th 2020
Published: April 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 8th March 2020

We still had sometime to explore the city this morning before our evening flight back to Singapore. After extending our room check-out time to 4pm, we headed back to the town centre for breakfast. Porridge became my staple during this trip to Pekanbaru even though the highlight this morning must be the fish soup and the fried bee hoon from Kian Wee Seafood Soup.

After our hearty meal, we walked towards the riverfront where the iconic Rumah Singgah Tuan Kadi is located. This is a historic building located next to the Siak River which is rather posh for its time. The house is elevated by short pillars which perhaps served to prevent it from being flooded by the overflowing river during the rainy season.

Back at the hotel in the afternoon, we were glad to have the infinity pool to ourselves which provided great opportunities for some serious swimming. By 4pm feeling well-rested, we slowly made our way to the airport with a final bowl of Bakso noodles prior to our flight home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb