Beautiful Energy, Freely Shared, in Manado Airport


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi
April 20th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

So here is another of the two hundred reasons why we keep returning to Asia. I have elaborated many other reasons that I will soon be posting on my next travel blog. But here is a little story I would like to share.

In February, when we were in the airport in Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia, looking for a cup of Espresso, we came across a coffee shop that had a guitar, but alas, no espresso machine. One of the staff escorted me to another shop where we bought our espresso. (Where does that happen?) I promised to return to their shop later and sing a song with them. When I did, the entire staff was waiting, stood up and cheered, and then brought out the guitar and we shared songs.

Today, two months later, once again in the Manado airport, we stopped in the same coffee shop. The staff remembered us, and immediately came over to visit. I have since learned a few well known Bahasa Indonesia rock ballads - I am a "Slanker" now - so we sang one of them ("Terlalu Manis") together. Next thing I know, we are listening to my music, which they have found on the internet, and are now playing in this Indonesian airport coffee shop.

All of this beautiful energy, so freely shared. Of course we travel to warm beautiful climates for the usual reasons - to escape our endless Canadian winters, but far more importantly we travel here, to this part of the world, Southeast Asia, because of the culture of kindness that greets us everywhere.

Terimakasih orang hati baik dari Asie, dan dari Indonesia kusus. ❤️

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb