Tipei Island snorkelling


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Togean Islands
July 23rd 2011
Published: September 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On friday i spent the morning relaxing in the hammock and snorkelling around the hostel even topping up my tan, a little bit anyway. But for the afternoon Tommi took us out to Wakai where he rounded up about a dozen scooters to take us to the waterfall. The scooters could only take us so far as there was a collapsed bridge so we had to walk around ten minutes through the coconut trees to a beautiful, large waterfall. The waterfall was large boulders and a nice area to swim in at the bottom. It was also the best shower I've had in a long time! Most of them climbed all the way to the top to swim but Teteng and myself only climbed a short way up and happily sat under the waterfall and swimming around the bottom. On the way back Teteng found two snails which we tried and failed to kill so we could make the into jewellery. In the end we wrapped them up in a leaf and one of the other ladies offered to carry then for us not sure why she wanted to they were slimy and kept moving and but we were grateful. The following day Akar had put the shell into a piece of wood for us, I love these people they are so lovely and friendly!
After dinner it was nice to sit around the restaurant and listen to the guitar again before it was time for bed.
A week of relaxing is making me lazy! This morning Akar was going spear fishing at a near-by island so we tagged along and did some snorkelling. It was by far the best snorkelling I've seen so far! So many schools of fish and so many different types of fish that I haven't seen before. I spent about an hour swimming around, it was a wall reef popular for diving but getting too and from the beach wasn't so easy when you had white fish watching you then biting you! Made all the more reason to just snorkel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb