21-22 May - Senggigi, and Senggigi to Gili Air


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

21 May - Senggigi

Bit of a sleep in this morning before heading to breakfast at about 8:30am. Then it was a stroll down through the art market and the other shops before getting coffee/juice at a cafe and then I wandered back to the hotel around midday.

From there it was well and truly pool time, which is essentially what I did for the rest of the afternoon. Reading a book, regular swims and generally lazing about. Around mid afternoon or so I added a beer to the mix, then at a bit after 4pm, Christina arrived back from her two day hike looking pretty exhausted.

Around 5pm, we wandered down into town and I picked up my laundry. From there it was back to the hotel to shower (our water had been off some time which was frustrating and the source of much confusion with hotel staff) before the three of us headed out to dinner.

Ate at a place called The Taman, I had the Chicken Parma (yep, you read that right) and then we afterwards we headed out for a drink or two, including watching another local live band in a place called Happy Cafe. Then it was a short stroll back to the hotel before wifi and sleep.

22 May - Senggigi to Gili Air

Breakfast at about 8:30am this morning before a stroll into town where I bought a book and some water. Back to the hotel to pack at around 10:30ish before checking out around noon and heading off for a quick lunch across the road.

We headed off towards the pier area to catch a boat to Gili Air around 1pm or so. It was a 'charter' so it was just the three of us plus our guide. Gili Air is one of the three Gili Islands (Gili meaning Island though), and is supposedly the one that isn't the party island and isn't the secluded island.

We arrived about 3pm or so, walked down to our hotel (there is no cars or scooters allowed on the island, only horses and bicycles), checked in, had our welcome drink and then I headed straight to the pool for a couple of hours with a book.

At around 5pm, we all headed out to watch the sunset on the west side of the island with a coconut, always tasty. Then it was a short stroll to dinner to this really cute, laid back cafe where most of us had the fish curry.

Then the three of us (minus our guide) headed to the east side of the island to see what there was about, turns out more cares and restaurants. Fairly early night, back to a non air con room which was super stuffy and cold showers, which were somewhat welcomed anyway!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb