20 May - Senaru to Senggigi


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok
May 20th 2013
Published: May 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Christina was up and off early to climb Mt Ringani for two days so I also woke early but tried to nap for a bit longer with little success. Headed down to breakfast and to use the wifi at around 8am, and we let Senaru a little after 9:15am.

Relatively short drive today to Senggigi at about two and a half hours. Stopped once for a photo opp looking over the three Gili Islands. Into Senggigi at a bit before midday and checked in.

Then it was time to gather up my laundry and Grant and I headed off for a walk and lunch, with me dropping some laundry off on the way. Had lunch at a cafe that did both Indonesian and western food. I liked the sound of the Crazy Chicken despite it being Indonesian and coming with rice, which I am sick of. Very little noodles or other rice alternatives here, everything comes with white rice.

Tasty lunch before we headed off to see the rest of the town, including a brief stroll through the markets, and do a loop along the beach, on the way back stopping for a beer. By the time we got back to the hotel it was mid afternoon and time for a leisurely swim in the pool.

At about 5:30 we headed off by local taxi to the city's temple where Gede had suggested was a good sunset viewing place. Expected to see a lot more tourist there but it was really quiet.

The temple itself was small but quite pretty. Watched the sunset and then headed back by foot, first along the beach (quite dirty in parts and with lots of dogs which I was somewhat worried about!) and then back onto the street.

When we got into town I changed some money, the first time on the trip, and then we grabbed dinner at the Square, definitely on the pricey side but very tasty. I had a cocktail (in keeping with the crazy theme I chose the Crazy Cocktail), spring rolls for an entree and Mahi Mahi with mash and veg for main. Was great not to have rice to be honest!!

From there it was a short stroll back to the hotel, including another browse through the art market (which consisted of lots of tshirts, sarongs and wooden products and not much else).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb