Day 7 - Ubud


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
September 25th 2016
Published: September 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Lazy day after the big day yesterday (prelim final, etc.). Chris Mc and Charlie up early for thei ATV tour today. Picked up at 0845 and just a little excited.

We spend the morning in the pool and doing not a lot. I wander up the street to see the neighbourhood. Eventually get organised enough and head into town. Decided to just walk up to the road and hail a taxi - plenty moving along this road. Sure enough, 3rd car stops and we are off. Heading to a bar/restaurant called The Bridge. Looks interesting as we have passed it a few times. Arrive and find our way in. Looks a bit flash but bigger it. Get a table and our drinks arrive, then Chris and Charlie turn up just as we are about to order food. Good timing. Turns out they got dropped off, we had left a message on the phone which Chris got as he hit the WiFi so they asked the driver if he would drop them in town. Yes, at no extra cost so bonus there.

Lots of stories about the ATV ride. Food ordered and very nice as well. Lunch done, the girls want to do nails so they head into town as we take the kids to see a temple near the bridge. Wander down steps towards the temple only to find out is is closed to the public. Lucky as the steps down and up looked a bit steep and plenty of them. We now head into town as well. Find the girls in a shop and they decide not to do nails now.

Souvenir shopping is next. Hit the Ubud market and do the shopping. Big black clouds appear and the traders start to pack up before the rains arrive. Jessica wants to go to a traditional Balinese dance so we go back to buy tickets. As we go, the rain starts, little at first then just as we get back to the bar where the others are waiting it dumps it. Good timing, but how are we going to get to the dance. Oh well, drinks first, then we work that one out.

Luckily the rain has stopped as we walk to the dance place. Find it eventually and get seats. 2nd row. This dance is actually a fire walk as well. Hmm...

Wait a while then off they go. Good show, culminating with the fire dance part. Real fire and coals and th dude looks stuffed after that effort. We need a drink before we head back to the villa. That done, taxi driver haggled for the right price then off. Back to the villa and the thunderstorm isn't far away. A quick swim before bed, then start packing for our departure tomorrow morning.

Stephanie has booked us into the Hilton hotel where they offer a transit room, use of the pool and a free airport transfer. Makes it easier to cover bag handling and waiting for a late flight 2330 tomorrow night. All working out ok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb