Bliss in Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
May 4th 2015
Published: May 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Driving through the narrow streets of Ubud trying to find our guesthouse, put a little fear in all of us but after passing through the rusty gates, we found a little paradise. And so explains the wonder of Bali…

Still feeling enchanted after re-boarding the ship the day after our “Safari Under the Stars.”

A few mishaps along the way didn’t ruin our evening. It took us 1-1/2 hours to reach The Elephant Park which was founded by Nigel Mason and has been documented on You Tube as “Operation Jumbo.” It is a touching story of how the elephants as this refuge were rescued and brought to Bali from Sumatra. By the way it should have only taken us 1/2 hour but our driver made a few wrong turns.

Upon arrival we all hit the ladies room as we had enjoyed “happy hour” around the pool at the guesthouse before leaving for the park. One of our group of 10 couldn’t get the door opened from her stall in the ladies room and that did cause quite a ruckus. She was finally rescued by a maintenance worker who had to kick the door in. It was a solid wood door all the way to the floor.

We then were able to have some fun by feeding the elephants, taking a ride through the park in the dark and then having dinner alfresco. Did I mention there was a full moon??? Got lucky again as it had rained the day before and they couldn’t serve outside.

This morning we awoke to roosters and doves. After a breakfast of green pancakes, we toured the town and did some shopping.

When we got back I asked about a foot massage. The owner made a phone call and a reflexology expert was brought in to make my feet feel 20 years younger.



Love this place… if only it wasn’t so far from us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Pancakes for BreakfastPancakes for Breakfast
Pancakes for Breakfast

Again - It's not easy being green... but they were delicious.


4th May 2015
Pancakes for Breakfast

Great stuff. Thoroughly enjoying the photos a narrative. Love
4th May 2015
Pancakes for Breakfast

Thanks!
Miss you and love you!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb