Indonesia!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
January 20th 2007
Published: January 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SunsetSunsetSunset

Bwautiful sunset on the wing
Welcome to the first real entry on the blog! Sorry for the delay, sickness kept me confined to the room for a few days. Any ways lets begin...

We arrived in Denpasar on the 11th of Jan at around 11:15 tired and jetlagged. Total time awake alomst 30 hours. When we arrived we were under the influence that we would be issued a 60 day visa without charge. To our suprise we had to pay 25 US and it was stamped and underlined NO Extention. WEll now we know! From there we played "rip off the new tourist" many times. Once for the cab, once for the porter and again for the internet. I guess that is the price you pay for looking so white.

On our first day in Kuta, Corey and I were pretty eager to hit hte surf and headed down to the beach to rent some boards. Like the tourists we were we rentd from the first place we saw(still tired and little sleep). But hey, we're on vacation. After about 2 hours we give up, mostly beause the water is filled with garbage!! I kid you not the beach and the ocean was filled
Wide LoadWide LoadWide Load

The tires are as big as his bike, Carzy Dude!
wiht garbage. I can still hear Coprey saying " you need a tetnis shot to be in here". Little did we know that it was not the water that we needed to be warry of. Turns out we burned our faces and arms pretty bad. No more sun for a few days.

A couple days later we rented boards for a few days and planned a surf trip to a few of the killer surf spots, Dreamland, Badang Badang, and Ulu Watu. When we approached the first beace the waves were small and non impressive, as were the the next few. We stopped at Dreamland and did some body surfing on a few waves.

Since the surf was not all that great we decided to head inland to Ubud. It is supposedly one of the most historical places in Bali. Yesterday we rented scooters and booted around the city visiting some huge rock tombs and many rice fields. The traffic here is a little more laxed then in Kuta, where the horn is an essentinal. Renting a scooter costs you about 3 dollars for the entire day, so that will be the main way of seeing the island.
Rice FieldsRice FieldsRice Fields

A huge rice field while on our scooter tour of Ubud


Today I missed out on a awsome volcano treck wiht Corey and Kat due to a poor stomach condition that is getting better. Tomorrow COrey and I travel to Lovina to get certified for scuba and do some snorkling. We all are craving the ocean, so why fight it! Check Corey Riches blog as well to get all the info on the trip, sice we will write on different things. Take care all, I miss every one very much.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Dangerous ShotDangerous Shot
Dangerous Shot

Jordan, Corey and Kat(fellow Can, Van) out on the scoot scoots


25th January 2007

Hi HI
Hey Jordan, It sounds like you are having such a great time, I'm very green right now! All the adventures you will have, the mistakes you will make, and the people you will meet....you're so lucky! I wish I was on a great travel...:( Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and am so glad you got there ok...Be your adventurous self, but don't do anything too crazy! Talk to you soon. Love Anna

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb