First Ever Real Backpacking Trip


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
August 16th 2005
Published: September 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Stan, Myself and Gary were going to Bali to meet up with Sharon and Scott, who were on a 9 month backpacking trip. During this trip they were going to, at last, have the wedding they'd dreamed of for the last 3 years. We'd never actually backpacked before so this was going to be a whole new experience.



Originally the wedding was going to take place on Phi Phi Island, Thailand December 2005. However the invitations were designed and ready to post out when the dreadful Tsunami occurred December 26th 2004. The island was hit badly and was virtually washed out. In view of this Sharon and Scott quickly changed the venue to Bali. The date was also brought forward to coincide with the dry season in Indonesia.

One of the reasons The Far East had been chosen for the occasion was that Scott is from California and Sharon England, therefore to keep all families happy they decided to chose some where mid way between the two places. And of course they were more or less guaranteed to get good weather, a fact that features high on both of their wish lists!

Over the next four blogs you can see the photographs and read all about our experiences leading up to the wedding and of course the wedding itself.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb