Day 5 - Kuta


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
June 24th 2023
Published: June 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Quiet day today. Decided to visit Kuta after Daisy had a swim after breakfast. Grab car only cost $7.80 but it took over an hour because of the heavy Bali traffic. We got dropped off at the Beachwalk Shopping Centre at 1.45pm, had some lunch at a Japanese place and Daisy spent most of the afternoon in just 3 clothing shops. My left leg has been sore from nerve pain so I just found places to sit while she shopped. We decided to have a coffee before heading to the beach for sunset and found a good cafe latte at a cafe called Arabica on the outside of the shopping centre and just across the road from the beach. We crossed over at 5.40pm and it was surprisingly, a nice family atmosphere. Sunset was beautiful of course and the sea was also a lovely glistening blue. After sunset we decided to head south towards another shopping because traffic was horrendous and one way, and going the wrong way for us. We looked at a couple of shops and noticed Jamie Oliver's Restaurant, so decided to stop there for dinner. Very nice food, service and they had a solo singer/guitarist singing some nice background music. Left there at 8.15pm and continued on, stopping to buy a couple of shirts and walked a little where we saw a side street turning into the direction we wanted to go. We then were approached by a lady about motor biking out but when she found out we were in Sanur, she agreed we needed a car. Then her friend offered to drive us for 200,000 INR, but I ha a quote for 122,000 INR from Gojek. He came down to 150,000 INR so we took his offer, since he was ready to go and difference was actually only about $2.70. After the slow traffic out of the Kuta area, it was quick and we arrived back at the hotel at 9.15pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb