Kuta & Legian, Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
January 30th 2009
Published: January 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bali Poppies Cottages  Bali Poppies Cottages  Bali Poppies Cottages

As you can see, it looks like we live in the logde or camper hotel..
Ok, so we arrived in Bali last night in a down-pour. Bali is a bit hard to figure out at night. All these little narrow alleys with motorcycles flying by from all directions. A little un-nerving until you get the hang of it. We arrived around 9:00 pm and checked into our hotel. We were a bit disappointed with our room as it was quite dated and felt more like a camping lodge. We are not really campers. To make matters worse, our room also included a few unwanted guests which Steven unintentially killed as he rolled over in his bed in the middle of the night. Being a bug-a-phobe, I had a sense about it before even going to bed and put up my nifty little travel tent. While I slept comfortably in my own "green zone," Steven was being attacked. (For the record, I did offer to allow him into my bug-proof compound - which he scoffed at until he woke in the morning with bug debris on his arm and leg...). On a positive note, the hotel did have very lush tropical garden landscaping with a very nice pool as well.

To make a long story short, we got up early the next morning and after Steven took a quick shower to get the bug parts off, we head out to find our new hotel. We walked from Kuta to Legian. We looked at a few places in Legian and found a little boutique hotel which much more suited our needs. Infinity pool overlooking the ocean, spotless rooms... Don't get me wrong, part of the experience of places like Bali or Thailand are experiencing their rough side. We just prefer to retreat back to our bug-free room after a long day roughing it with the locals.

After getting our lodging set, we went to eat at Lanai Beach & Grill place at Legian near our hotel. We then came back to the hotel and while Steven relaxed at the pool, I went for a walk around Legian/Seminyak to look around a bit. We end up ordering our tour through our hotel. Tomorrow we are heading out to Ubud - the cultural area of the island. Should be interesting...


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Kuta BeachKuta Beach
Kuta Beach

As you can see, Kuta beach is famous for surfing beach..


30th January 2009

bugs
hi ken and steven, you have a lot of fun with the bugs on the island. I forgot to tell you guys that my friends live in bali for a 2 yrs and she told me that they have a lot lot of bugs!!!!! bring some home for me, just put them in the suitcase. HA HA !! HEY ken what are you eating ? It's look like FRENCH FRIED and BURGER. HAVE FUN NOUI

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb