Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
January 21st 2009
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bali just after lunch and caught a taxi into town. We bought a mini guidebook n Jakarta and chose a hotel on the edge of Kuta that sounded pretty relaxed. It was perfect, a big room with a double bed for sleeping and a second double bed set out for lounging, an outdoor bathroom and a big verandah overlooking Balinese courtyard and swimming pool. We went for a swim straight away and then hired a motorbike and went to try to find Arnee's tattoo artist we drove up and down the streets in Legion but couldn't find it. Next we tried walking up and down the street that Arnee remembered but there were about ten tattoo shops where 5 years ago there had been one. Finally we resorted to door to door and found a guy who was happy to try to match the design, he took a photo and told us to come back the next day and he would have a sketch done. Not quite happy with this we decided to try one more shop a bit further down a side street. Sure enough sitting out the front was the guy who did Arnee's tat.
After a quick look at the mask he said that is definitely one of mine, let me draw the body free hand on your arm. half an hour later Arnee had a biro tattoo sketched out and he couldn't wait to get started. There was a brief discussion about how he wouldn't be able to swim or get sunburned or anything and he decided now was still the best time. The guy said it would be a couple of hours, which turned out to be four. Arnee got progressively more tired and spaced out looking (especially when he was doing the work on the elbow, but he survived).
After that it was about ten o'clock so we had some dinner another swim and waited two hours before unwrapping Arnee's arm and going to sleep. Next day we were woken up by the phone at 8 am. An English girl called Karen was phoning to let me know I had just won 7 nights accommodation in Bali and they were sending a driver around to pick us up and give us breakfast at their 5 star hotel. This did not sound quite right to me so I asked to call back in an hour. When she called back we agreed to come along and were picked up twenty minutes later. The Hotel was beautiful overlooking the beach at Nusa dua but it was here that we worked out the catch...."would you agree to a 60 minute presentation about our holiday club?". Arnee said no, we do not need to waste your time...they took back our 7 nights and free breakfast and drove us back to our hotel (at least we didn't have to walk!).
We spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching movies, swimming and walking on the beach...in fact that is pretty much how we intend to spend most of the rest of our time in Bali I think (sorry if you were looking forward to crazy adventures!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



25th January 2009

naked lady
Is the tatoo of a naked lady. I cant make it out. Maybe it says "I love mum"
26th January 2009

Monkeys bum
Its a monkeys bottom on his elbow!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb