Puncak


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
January 20th 2009
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After the gardens, we headed back to the villa that Rima had organised for us. Arnee and I had expected a villa might be a small mountain cottage, but this villa has five bedrooms, two lounge rooms, a dining area, swimming pool and two bathrooms. We couldn't believe it...! Earlier we had had a big lunch overlooking a great view across the mountains so we were not that hungry, we decided on a supa-mi party! The boys cooked while Rima and I eaves dropped from the lounge room to make sure they were not getting carried away (we did somehow manage to bring 16 packets of noodles between us, so we were a little worried they might cook them all!).
The villa was lovely and we had an awesome nights sleep and went for a walk around the neighborhood in the morning. There was a strawberry farm across the road and a lot more villa's each with amazing and creative gardens. Ours was a variation of topiary with even the lawn sculpted into shape others had flowers or unusual trees.
After breakfast we headed off to an outdoor activity place that Rima and Muhammad had been to before a bit further south. We had a few stops along the way to try different foods, we had two varieties of fresh banana, deep fried banana, tempe chips, taro french fries, two varieties of sticky rice, mangosteens, sweet potato chips and more. Poor Arnee was too sick to try much but I think I made up for him...I didn't need any lunch!
When we arrived at the activity place a lot of stuff was closed as it was Monday, so we decided on a boat trip around the river/lake. It was really relaxing to cruise around and look at the greenery. We also toured some of the fish farms. Adee and Muhammad went for a swim but Arnee and I whimped out!
After all the fun we jumped back in the car and headed back to Jakarta for dinner with Rima's family. Rima's Uncle Iim took us to a fantastic seafood place where you select your fish our seafood from tanks and eskys and tell them how to cook it. I ate sooo much I think I put on 5 kilos over the day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb