Day 3 - Kuta


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
January 4th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were up today at about half eight again as we had a meeting with our wedding planner at half nine. After breakfast we went up to the foyer cafe to wait for her. She was late, but we figured that was our karma for missing the meeting with the functions guy at our hotel. She arrived and we went over the details for the wedding ceremony, including photos, video, timing and music.

She seems lovely and paid a lot of attention to details for a control freak like me was really good.

After the meeting had concluded we returned to our room to get a stuff together for our first shopping expedition into Kuta. We again took a car from the hotel at a cost of IDR76,500 which wasn't bad and probably on par with a taxi. The trip only took about 30 minutes and we were dropped off at Kuta square.

Our first stop was to change some money which we did at a kodak shop at a reasonable rate of 7,200.

We then went to the markets just near Kuta square. We chose the first shop as we have bought from there before and paid really good prices. We ended up buying 3 bintang singles, 3 little girls dresses, a tshirt and short set for a little boy and a pair of frangipani hair clips at a starting price of IDR400,000, but after some good natured bargaining, we paid IDR220,00 which we were happy with.

Our next stop was for sunglasses. Hubby found the same shop we had bought from the previous year. We chose 3 pairs of sunnies and 2 watches. The owner's (David) starting price was IDR450.000 but fortunately after lots of good natured bargaining and many laughs, we paid IDR160,000.

We then went to the big Centro shopping centre to look around. My daughter just loves the Surfer Girl shops there and she bought herself a nightie and slippers. We went upstairs to the second floor to see if I could find some nice shoes for the wedding ceremony for my big size 9 hoofs. No such luck though :-(
Typically, the only shoes available in that size were Guess and a bit pricey (although they were cheaper than Oz).

We took my daughter to the Disney toystore and she bought an Indonesian barbie wearing traditional sumatran dress.

I looked at a few more shoe shops without any luck. So we went to the basement level department store where I found a nice pair for IDR329,000.

We then made our way to the Kopi Pot where we fortunately scored balinese day bed we love so much. We ordered a few cold drinks and then perused their huge menu. I chose the Ikan Balado, hubby had Nasi Goreng and my daughter had bangers and mash.

After eating we jumped in a taxi for the journey back to Sanur.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb