Day 4 - A quiet day


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
January 7th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we had our rescheduled meeting with our functions guy at the hotel, so we dragged ourselves out of bed a bit earlier to make sure we weren't late. We ate breakfast whilst watching the clock and got back in plenty of time. We did a tour of the hotel so we could decide on the venue for the ceremony. We decided on the beautiful paved and landscaped area between the pool and the fish pond, its hard to describe but the photos don't do it justice at all. It just so pretty and the sounds of the foundations and the wind really add to it, obviously that be captured in a picture.

We then retired to the pool area for the day, swam and generally lazed about.

Come late afternoon, we decided we'd head down to the beach for some dinner and a massage. We took the hotel's free shuttle bus.

Hubby agreed on IDR60,000 each for a one hour massage. In hindsight, I probably should have done the haggling as my husband is a big boy, so the balinese women probably looked at him and realised they had their work cut out for them. The lady who did mine (Susan) was very nice when she wasn't trying to sell me manicures and she had very very strong hands.

We crossed the paved boardwalk and grabbed a table at Bonsai Cafe. I had a delish cocktail served in pineapple which was gorgeous, very Bali. I had the Mie Goreng which was reasonable but not the best I've had. Hubby had the Nasi Goreng (again), I've gotta get him to chose something else and my daughter had a ham and pineapple pizza.

After our dinner, we walked back to the hotel via the beach. Changed some money and stopped at the Moonlight Bar for a couple drinks whilst my daughter played with her little friend who is the daughter of the bar owner.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb