Day 29 & 30 - leaving for home


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
August 17th 2014
Published: August 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 29 - 30 - The last day in India, and travelling home
We purposely stayed in bed today, as we have a long period of staying awake due to stupid flight time! We fly home in the morning at 2.20am from Mumbai International Airport.
This means that we leave Chembur at 10pm tonight.
We have all day, but die to booking out of the room at 12 lunch, we are very limited as to what we can do today.
We have booked out of he hotel, the guy is letting us leave our bags thee until 9.30.
We have come out for brunch. I am never as hungry as Jude. One of the things I have learnt about Judy; she is ALWAYS hungry! No matter what, or how much, or little food is put in front of her, she eats it all.. Lol Go Judy! Not a bad trait to have!
We are taking it easy, just a toasty for Jude, toast for me, and of course.... lassi to drink.
The first job, before leaving, was to get a fresh henna design done. There is a guy on ours in street, so that was easy!
We spent the rest of the day having a last meander though the bazaars, stalls and shops of Chembur. We sat for a while in the park, which is clearly were young couples find time to get together to chat, laugh, hold hands and court in general. We worked our way back to our recognised area, at least Judy did, I was hopeless at knowing where we were!
It was surprising where the time went to. We knew we were in for a long day today!
It is now 6pm, it's gone so quick, thank goodness. We are back at Costa Coffee for round 2 of cold coffees. It has been about 5 hours since our last one, so that's acceptable!
As we have chatted over the last couple of days, we have discussed that we have both developed a definite, 'head wobble', when showing that we are listening, agreeing, or even disagreeing.... Funny that!
We ended up buying a few more dresses before leaving, and Jude had yet another celebrity photo shoot, then it was back to the hotel for our backpacks to head off for the airport. .... And goodbye to India xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



18th August 2014

Safe journey you two!
Awh.......I'm sad! The end! I feel my holiday is coming to an end....... Have a safe journey home.......thanks for sharing so much....and take care with that enormous back pack!
18th August 2014

Thank you
Hi Angela, I am pleased you have enjoyed the journey. I am home and totally deflated! I think I left my heart in India x
26th August 2014

Voted
Voted for you Lesley (vote No 4) All the best :-) Here is mine: http://www.bigblogexchange.org/profile/2014/5686536431468544
26th August 2014
image

something to ponder - our creed!!
We are the Pilgrims Master - SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THE REST ! ENDS IN "SAMARKAND". Then you will understand.
26th August 2014
image

Hi Bill
Icmeler ws a last minute grasp at getting a tan. The main factor or in fact only factor was the price! I could find a cheap flight out, but not back so £200 won the deal!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb