Rickshaws in Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
November 10th 2010
Published: November 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Delhi!

Yesterday was an amazing and wild ride. We started our day by going to temple and visiting a bird hospital which cares for sick birds, then on to the Red Fort which is enormous and extremely beautiful. We saw Qutab Minar, Humayon Tomb and went through a crazy ride via rickshaw through the back alleys of Old Delhi. I don't really know how we made it from point A to point B because the streets were crammed with people and shops and other rickshaws! We ended our day at the Lotus Temple which is a non denominational temple for worship. Such a peaceful place once you fight the thousands of people who are removing their shoes and getting in line to worship.

Delhi itself is a harmony of old an new. So many monuments are existing right in the middle of rickshaws and cars and congestion out on the street. There are so many Europeans visiting here. In Pune I am a novelty as a fair skinned american but here, you find Europeans and Australians a plenty. Our guide was a powerhouse and took us everywhere while unloading all of his knowledge on to us while we walked and walked and walked.

Today we drive for about 4 hours to Agra which is home to the Taj Mahal. Pictures from today will be on facebook momentarily 😊

Namaste

Advertisement



Tot: 0.538s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb