Day19 - An easy morning in Varanasi, visit to the silk house, and am overnight train to Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh
August 7th 2014
Published: August 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day19 - An easy morning in Varanasi, visit to the silk house, and an overnight train to Delhi
What a pleasure! A nice easy morning today. We got up at about 9am. Kyla visited our room. I ordered coffee from room service for the three if us. We relaxed and chatted, and caught up amount last nights meal as both Kyla and Judy didn't go due to not feeling well enough!
We all set too, packing our bags as we are moving back to Delhi on an overnight train later tonight.
Once we were packed, and our room checked over for items missed, off we went for breakfast.
We were going to go to the, Bread of Life Cafe, but as we were moving at a slow pace, we ended up with very little time. Therefore we had breakfast in our hotel.
At about 12ish we set off in tuk tuks to see the silk weavers, and visit the silk house. This was my moment to buy my sari. I have decided it would be nice to wear a sari for the next school prom!
The noise made by the looms was really loud. We were shown how the patterns are ranger red from paper to the loom. We also watched the silk being hand woven, such a slow, difficult job. No wonder silk clothing is so expensive. It is clearly a very labour intensive, artful job!
I did manage to get my sari. It is in orange, red and gold. I had lessons on how to put it on! Jude and Kyla also tried sarees on; they looked stunning!
We returned to the hotel by 4.30 so that we had time to eat before going for the train. After tea, we went for our last Varanasi natural lassi in the clay pot; got some bits of good for the train.
We arrived at the station at about 5.45. Ankur started to get his,'efficient' head on at about 4.30. You can see him change. This is a good thing, as it gives the group confidence for the next move!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th August 2014

Sari
Wow - really? you're gonna wear one?? Well, the kids go back to the troll this afternoon, just cooking them a tasty lunch, few more chores to do in the garden etc. cos we are going to Lanzarote tomorrow!! yayy. gotta make sure the house is in order so I don't come back to superchores lol.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb