Ranthambhore to Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
February 19th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well after a long drive from tiger less Ranthambhore we arrive at Agra - and what can you say about the place - well for a start it's a bit of a dump to be honest, which is a bit of a shame as the quintessential Indian icon is located here - the Taj Mahal.
Built for the love of his late wife it’s a pretty darn impressive building - one of Diana’s favourites I believe. The building itself is built from imported marble and it’s even rumoured that once it was complete the architects and workers had there hands either mutilated or amputated so that the same beauty could not recreated else where - a bit drastic if you ask me and I bet that wasn’t in their contract.
Once again we are spoilt for our choice of hotel and it wont be long until we’re sharing 30 bed dorms again but for now we are enjoying the facilities including a revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel. Agra is also the place where we unfortunately have to say goodbye to our crazy driver as there must be an F1 race nearby he has to qualify for, however before we say tally ho to Harish, surprise surprise he just has enough time for one more thing - shopping… ah bliss… and then it’s too the mayhem other wise known as Agra train station to catch the sleeper train to Varanasi, after all, what’s the worst that could happen…

Ps - as you can tell by the pictures - there really is nothing else to see in Agra apart from the Taj Mahal which is why a lot of people choose to a day trip from Delhi - a wise choice indeed…



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb