Hanumangarh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 20th 2010
Published: January 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

20/1/10

Didn't remembered there was any restrictions for choosing accommodation in India 5 years ago. But this time since I started my journey, I did suspected something wasn't right, most of the time they just answered "full" when I asked for a room, together with a dismissal look with disgust, which made you feel really bad being turn away like this. I was wondering why they wrote everything in English outside their door if they only accepted Indian tourist? The only reason I could come up was mentally by advertising in English they might became higher class than the other hotel for attract local tourists I guessed. And now there was a separated form to filled up when registered a room in the hotel, and those were able to took foreigners if they got that form, no form needed to fill 5 years ago, probably after couple of terrorist attacked in recent year, they needed to keep close track with foreigners inside India. For me...mean not easy to find economic lodging anymore! Also when going to internet place, now you need to registered with your passport before you can get online. Compared my travel note from 5 years ago, almost everything were doubled in price, a cup of tea was Rs2 and now is Rs4 in the street, but they would just kept the change if you handed them a 5 rupee coin! a thali meal now cost Rs35 to Rs40. But surprised to find the US Dollars exchange rate was almost the same, 1 to 44 five years ago while this week is 1 to 45!
Came over to Rajasthan yesterday, my main interest to India this time. The further south the bus rolling down, the less fog in the air and once into Rajasthan there even sunlight came through the crowd and I was delighted. Not much changing in scene though as it was FLAT all the way, even if the surrounding had changed I wouldn't had noticed as it was foggy! Sometimes you could see about 100m further,but most of the time you only see a white wall in front! But once inside Rajasthan you not only see oxen-cart and horse-cart, in fact...the camel-cart dominated the road here! And also I didn't see any monkey here as it was in other State. Took the break in Hanumangarh(@200m) to figured out my route further down. This was an non-describe town with a huge fort loomed up in within the low buildings. Quite impressed when first saw it when approaching the town. It was about 900 years old and was fallen apart, but there was sign that renovation work was underway, but at the same time I noticed that local also came to pulling bricks out for there home building! The entrance up the fort was still intact in its noble condition. There was not much left up inside the fort, only couple of ruined temples, by far the Jain temple had been restored in a better conditions. Grass lawn had been carefully grew bit by bit, but still surrounded by desert inside the citadel wall, up here you could see the town unfolded underneath, and there was many birds in beautiful colours. Walking the street as a foreigner you would constantly invited to took picture for them, people sit outside their house, shop keeper, vendor, everyone wanted their face on the screen! They were just so nice, even I never like being the center of any event, but they didn't caused any uncomfortable to me so I wouldn't really mind.

Note
Bus Amritsar to Hanumangarh Rs160.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



29th July 2010

no hotel
Sir/Madam There is no option about hotel in hanumangarh.Please create a option about hotel in hanumangar
13th September 2010

sorry...I really couldn't remember any name of the hotel there. but there do has 3 places to stay just right next to the bus station. you will have no problem to locate it.
4th December 2010

tourist place
thanks for showing hanuman garh so neat and clean. in realty it could have been dream so neat and clean, it can be good tourist place in the map of rajs and india.
23rd March 2011
street scene

hanumangarh
Hi friend my name is rajender juneja grom hanumangarh jn. Hanumangarh is best city o rajasthan.................................meri nazaro main.
5th August 2011
scene

Hanumangarh is the best and lovely city of the world and people are very sweet
Hi my name is Rajender Juneja i lives in hanumangarh jn. I saying hanumangarh is very nice city of the world bcoz i m like...hanumangarh..har ek se guzaris hai ki hanumangarh ko unati e shikar par pahunchaye...mera bharat mahan...everyone contact me ....history of india, rajasthan and mostly......Hanumangarh... +91 9829887884 rajenderjuneja1987@gmail.com

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb