India


Advertisement
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 13th 2007
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

India is a place that shows you many faces. At the same time both compelling you and dissuading you from wanting to experience all the sights it has to offer. A place rich in history. People ho at times baffle you with their warm, outgoing, hospitable nature. While at other times people who lie, cheat, scam, swindle and plenty of other adjectives you can think of. Since arriving here over tw... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Cows getting a TanCows getting a Tan
Cows getting a Tan

Cows roam free here in India, treated as a sacred animal. Not sure they have a good life though, all I ever see them eat is garbage.
Streets of BundiStreets of Bundi
Streets of Bundi

This is an example of what the streets of Bundi looked like. They are mostly alleys that twist and turn there way through this old walled city. I got lost many times.
More of the Bundi MarketMore of the Bundi Market
More of the Bundi Market

At times I spent hours roaming around the market, chatting with people, taking pics and just enjoying a glimpse of everyday life.
Locks for SaleLocks for Sale
Locks for Sale

In India everything is available for purchase right on the street.
Bundi ArtworkBundi Artwork
Bundi Artwork

All over town there are images potraying Hindu Gods, I think this is Vishnu, but don't hold me to it.
Best Guest House in BundiBest Guest House in Bundi
Best Guest House in Bundi

This is the place I ended staying for nine days. Was like one of the family by the time I left...
Lake in BundiLake in Bundi
Lake in Bundi

There is a nice lake in the middle of Bundi.
Pinky and Roxa Cheffing it up...Pinky and Roxa Cheffing it up...
Pinky and Roxa Cheffing it up...

They cooked some of the best food I've eaten yet in India and no case of the Delhi Belly when I stayed there.
ThampiThampi
Thampi

The middle child of the family, I liked to call him the joker of the family...



13th January 2007

Holy shit
Is the maharaja 12 years old like in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom? Are those the same monkeys that stole my camera in Borneo? Awesome pictures man. I will think of them when I am sitting at my desk at work which, even in New Zealand, is a fate worse than death. Have fun and be safe and stay crazy.
15th January 2007

Happy New Year
Ditto to what Mosk says, plus I love that pic ("Just like this PIc"), happy New Year will write properly some time in the near(ish) future!! Oh and is it honiker you guys celebrate, or have I just made that up out of thin air?? Well whatever you guys celebrate around now instead of Christmas, hope you had a good one!!
16th January 2007

Jealous
Glad you overcame your ‘on the fence’ attitude about going to India. Definitely is a love-hate kinda place. Everywhere has good and bad, the trick is to discover the good. We’re jealous of your Indian family, but happy that you found them. I can’t imagine what we will feed you when you return, or better yet -- what will you feed us?
4th February 2007

whats ups
you around. have not heard from you for a few weeks. its freezing in NY. At least spring training starts soon.

Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb