India


Advertisement
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 13th 2007
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

India is a place that shows you many faces. At the same time both compelling you and dissuading you from wanting to experience all the sights it has to offer. A place rich in history. People ho at times baffle you with their warm, outgoing, hospitable nature. While at other times people who lie, cheat, scam, swindle and plenty of other adjectives you can think of. Since arriving here over tw... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Marble CarvingsMarble Carvings
Marble Carvings

Found a small Hindu temple in Jaipur, filled with marble carvings on Par with all the palaces I've seen.
No Tigers...No Tigers...
No Tigers...

But at least we saw some of the animals they eat.
More from RanthamboreMore from Ranthambore
More from Ranthambore

The park is teaming with different types of birds.
Languar MonkeysLanguar Monkeys
Languar Monkeys

India is filled with monkeys, both Red Face Macaque and the black faced Languar. They tend to be very aggresive, at times attacking people.
My Fruit GuysMy Fruit Guys
My Fruit Guys

These were the guys i bought fruit from almost everyday in Bundi.
Bundi City PalaceBundi City Palace
Bundi City Palace

This is the elephant gate at the city palace in Bundi.
Amazing DetailsAmazing Details
Amazing Details

Just like all the palaces in India, the one in Bundi is filled with great stonework.
More DetailsMore Details
More Details

Still in the Bundi Palace...
Amazing MuralsAmazing Murals
Amazing Murals

The Maharaja's room and his wife's room were filled with paintings that are over 400 years old. They were in stunning condition considering the age.
Step WellsStep Wells
Step Wells

The Queen of Bundi had many of these deep wells built through-out the city. But now they are just giant garbage cans...
My Spicy FriendsMy Spicy Friends
My Spicy Friends

People in Bundi just loved to chat you up, aking questions like...'Where are you from?', 'What's your name?'.
Chittra SalaChittra Sala
Chittra Sala

Above the Palace is the Chittra Sala, which was also filled with spectacular murals. These were about 250 years old.
Chittra SalaChittra Sala
Chittra Sala

The scenes depicted ranged from weddings to battles to Tiger hunting.
Chittra SalaChittra Sala
Chittra Sala

The walls and ceilings were covered from top to bottom with paintings.
Chittra SalaChittra Sala
Chittra Sala

Not sure which Hindu god this is, but it makes for a great pic.
Chittra SalaChittra Sala
Chittra Sala

I couldn't get enough of the paintings, spent a hour walking around.
Outside the Chittra SalaOutside the Chittra Sala
Outside the Chittra Sala

These were the gardens outside. I spent time here writting this blog.
Monkey CleaningMonkey Cleaning
Monkey Cleaning

On the walk up to the fort in Bundi there are hundreds of monkeys. People have been attacked, but they didn't hassle me at all.



13th January 2007

Holy shit
Is the maharaja 12 years old like in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom? Are those the same monkeys that stole my camera in Borneo? Awesome pictures man. I will think of them when I am sitting at my desk at work which, even in New Zealand, is a fate worse than death. Have fun and be safe and stay crazy.
15th January 2007

Happy New Year
Ditto to what Mosk says, plus I love that pic ("Just like this PIc"), happy New Year will write properly some time in the near(ish) future!! Oh and is it honiker you guys celebrate, or have I just made that up out of thin air?? Well whatever you guys celebrate around now instead of Christmas, hope you had a good one!!
16th January 2007

Jealous
Glad you overcame your ‘on the fence’ attitude about going to India. Definitely is a love-hate kinda place. Everywhere has good and bad, the trick is to discover the good. We’re jealous of your Indian family, but happy that you found them. I can’t imagine what we will feed you when you return, or better yet -- what will you feed us?
4th February 2007

whats ups
you around. have not heard from you for a few weeks. its freezing in NY. At least spring training starts soon.

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 17; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb