heading inward...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
December 18th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

sense feast...sense feast...sense feast...

feast your eyes... i did the ears nose and mouth part for you ;-)...
although it has been nice to just sit here in the desert for almost three weeks, it is time to move on... i leave tommorow on an overnight train to Mumbai (Bombay)... from there another three hour train to Igatpuri and Dhamma Giri for another 10-day vipassana retreat...

i look forward to this time as an opportunity to change the habits of daily life, the habits that have been emerging over decades... every retreat is supposed to be an operation on the mind to change the ingrained habits... let's operate... i have been attempting my meditation but still feel the need for the support of a sangha, a community of dhamma brothers and sisters...

my time here in pushkar was spent wandering through the desert, wandering through market streets with camels, watching beautiful sunsets while spinning styx, and revisiting other travellers i had met along the way...

may the holiday season be good for you all, be content with what is, for it is... happiness is to be found within, may you be happy...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

flying and falling...flying and falling...
flying and falling...

as many kites take flight, the sun descends one more time...
pushkar from above...pushkar from above...
pushkar from above...

just taking a break on the way up to a temple... pushkar down below...


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb