panna in pushkar...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
December 9th 2006
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

gypsy itch...gypsy itch...gypsy itch...

making music, making a living... this just scratches the surface...
have headed south since i last posted... not a very hardy canadian any more i guess since i am trying to avoid the cold ;-)... why put yourself in the situation if you have a choice, better way to look at it...

pushkar is just a small town built around a holy lake and what i believe is the only Brahman temple in india (would have to look that one up if your intereseted)... the place is fairly peaceful, the entire lake, save for a bridge, is surrounded by ghats (no beach;-), there are many places to see over the lake from rooftop restaurants...

camel rides seem to be the thing to do here since it is desert... there are camels in town everyday, first time for me, i appreciate it greatly...

i have just been taking it easy, i have pitched my tent on the roof of a guesthouse on the outskirts of town for about .66usd/day... not a bad deal... homecooked food which is fantastic and a very nice family...

i have had some animal incidents over the last few days... first day a cow turned into me and literally moved me about one foot,
misty morning...misty morning...misty morning...

waking up with the world, meditation in the mist... life is...
picked me up on her head!!! then the next day, similar spot (in the middle of the market i may add) a big male turns into me and 'gores' me with his horns (didn't punture skin but left big scrapes;-) one on my left arm and the other on my abdomin... luckily the third day a bird merely deficated on me and you know what they say, good luck no???

i have been practising my rythm styx lots (also a good form of meditation)... there is a plethora of travellers here who practise something so it's a great place to learn ;-) there is a ghat where everyone gathers at sunset and there is everything from local gypsy music to drums, poi, jugglers, devil styx and diablos as well as a full blown clown who rolled in a couple of days ago and puts on a really great show... anyways, some good people, some good times...

i will be staying in pushkar until the 19th when i will then catch a bus to mumbai and then into another vipassana retreat that runs from the 20th-31st december... this one is at the biggest centre and home of the vipassana
bigger straw??? please...bigger straw??? please...bigger straw??? please...

to those who bhang, you know... to those who don't, trust me ;-)...
research institute, basically like a headquarters for the organization... i will post again before the retreat but until then...

may all beings be at ease...
may all beings find true happiness...
may all beings be free from suffering...
may all beings find dhamma...

Advertisement



18th December 2006

Warm Thoughts
BJB you write a beautiful story. I would almost think it was fiction because it all sounds so amazing. Miss having you around. Hope you stay safe and no more attacks from animals. Miss you lots! Love Tree XXXOOO

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb