happy in hampi...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

greetings from a special place... since i posted last i sat a 10-day vipassana work-camp (a great way to spend xmas and new years ;-)... from there i met an amazing group of people from around the world and we took an incredible journey together...

this journey was one of hope, change, conciousness, morality, serenity, wisdom... brothers and sisters in the ultimate perfection that is... isness... it was a journey of love, laughter, insight, enlightenment, peanut butter breakfast, 2 for the price of 15, remembering to chew and forgeting to swallow... learning ;-)...

these brothers and sisters that took this journey speant many lifetimes observing reality, things as they truly are, and realizing the truth... these many lifetimes on a linear scale were only 2 1/2 weeks but in reality it was every moment... and every moment an eternity... i am so blessed to have met these beings, they will change the world,,, they are changing the world already, just by being them they are infecting humanity with hope and possibilities for the future...

on a more mundane tract, we went from igatpuri to araungabad where we visited some old caves, hindu, buddhist, and jain... from there about half the group went down to goa for some beach time, spent about a week in goa then three of us moved on to hampi which is an increadible place with the largest rocks i've ever seen strewn out about the landscape, everywhere... then there's the ruins spread out for miles around, and the rice paddies... so beautiful i cannot describe it...

so why no photo's??? well i was sitting in some rice paddies one day meditating (eyes open) and a young school boy cme up and said hello, i replied but then went back to meditating... i then heard him go in his bag behind me then saw him walk away... it was a couple minutes later i had to get up and check 'cause i felt something was wrong... sure enough my camera was missing... so i get up and start running after this child who quickly looks back, sees me running, then starts running himself...

now i'm wearing my sabong of course, running full speed through tiered rice paddies, not much footing and what there is is not very good... then i see him look up again while he is running, he stops, goes in his bag, pulls something out and drops it then continues running... sure enough he left the camera but it was submerged in the rice paddy and until now it has not worked again... will let you know if i salvage anything by posting photo's in future if i still have them...

it's all good... sab acha... everything is as it was meant to be... now i have less distractions from living in the moment... observation/acceptance, awareness/equanimity... everything just is and the beauty is in the isness itself... don't react, act based on reality and the natural law... all is impermenant, it arises and passes away, change; no i, no my, no labels at all... just the isness... just the being...

listen to the isness, it is talking to you all the time... you have the ability to hear it and take advantage of becoming one with it... this is the ultimate perfection... it exists here and now since here and now are all that exist, well existed, and exist again...

be real, be happy, just be...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb