Abandoned in Hong Kong


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
October 16th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

hong kong hong kong hong kong

looks different now
We have now arrived in Hong Kong. I took a bathroom break and stepped out for a smoke. When I came back, the whole tour was gone. I have no idea of the hotel where we are staying here for the day.

Curious the name of the hotel is nowhere to be found in the tour literature.

Abandoned by the tour. But...have not been abandoned by Life!

A wonderful Xpat here in Hong Kong, Judith, has given me a great itinerary for the day. I will be going up the Peak to see the place and maybe to Stanely and the Maritime Museum (kind of goes with the theme of the Navy Ball)

I was wondering about Aberdeen, which I visited with my parents in 1978, but it's no longer the wooden sampans and fishermen and women, it's all concrete and outsourcing warehouses.

Tonight, back to the airport in time to meet the tour and then off to India!

Yesterday it was the fifteenth...TODAY IT IS THE SEVENTEETH. No wonder we all got lost!

Advertisement



17th October 2005

Keep it coming!
Just read all comments so far. It was fun to catch up all at once. A washing machine would take second place to a trip to India any day! How do we get copies of your books? Can't imagine how Hong Kong must have changed since '78 and the Chineese have taken over. Keep it personal and keep it coming - love your attitude. And what a cliff hanger - did you make it to India after all?

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb