delhi-jodhpur by bus!!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 6th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

day 1-3

Delhi- i arrived in delhi on time and awake, virgin plane was wkd apart from the fact that the pilot seemed to like flying round in circles and nearly coming in to land several times before deciding to take off again! aparently there was still somwething on the runway! anyway, i got a taxi to the paraganj area which is apparently the best place for backpackers, however i failed to see even one! Delhi was manic and i just wanted to get out tof there and head for jodhpur (as i'm going to do my delhi sightseeing on the way back, however the next train wasnt until the morning so i rented a room at the hotel vivek for R200, it not a bad place apart from the drilling they dtarted literally as soon as i put my head on my pillow! decided to sleep later, bought a blanket and guess what mum! they do auroshika, krishna musk incense still! so i got you some! whoop whoop! i then went to book my train and got told instead to go to an office opposite the train station DONT DO THIS!!!! when kind people ask you if your going to book a train ticket they will tel you they dont want any money they are helping you for free but it is a scam! there is a booking office in the station, mwe being too tired to think, went and was told all trains booked for jodhpur for next three days, i was told the best way was sleeper bus and the price was shit!!!! anyway, by then just needed to fall asleep so booked it and headed back to hotel for few hours kip before bus. aaargh! they told me to come to the office at 8.30pm to get the bus, they didnt tell me that then i would have to have a twenty minute death defying bicycle rickshaw ride and ten minute run to catch my bus, literally! it had already started moving so me and all my baggage were hoiked (don't know if thats how you spell it!) up onto the bus to find i was the only girl, the bus was full and i mean full of indian men. okay i know i sound pretty negative so far, but i'm going to blame it on jet lag! the journey was good, apart from having to hold needing a wee for hours and hours until they finally let me get off and go, albeit in full view of the bus (no choice!) as the journey went along i got some snatched sleep and as the sun rose, it became an experience i'm glad i had, there is much more wildlife up here than i have seen else where in india, little green and yellow parrots everywhere, funny piggy warthog things and hold it hold it! my first camel ( well actually my first twenty!) i never thought i could get excited about a camel but i did! when it was properly day light i went and sat at the front of the bus with the driver and took some pictures, almost hanging out of the bus, but it was wkd, scary as you see how often you nearly miss another vehicle (and some toppled over) but quite exhilerating 😊when we got to jodhpur a mere 2.5 hours late (16 hours on the bus!) i headed for Yogis guest house in a rickshaw, we went through the new city and i was disappointed as it wasnt blue at all. my imagination had obviously run too wild again, but darn and blast it, no my imagination couldn't even come near to how beautiful this place is. when you get into the old city, through the market arch and into the blue lanes, with the fort rearing up seemingly miles highbehind it, this place literally takes your breath away!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb