in the desert


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
January 6th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

i travelled from Jodhpur to JAisalmer for 6 hours by bus. the landscape changed quickly to endless panorama of desert and tan sand. the buildings changed to small homesteads of round huts and we passed the occasional small town. i prefered this journey to the other as it was quicker, we had a ten minute stop to grab some grub. i hadnt heard from annika yet and was a bit worried that they would have left before i got there. i went straight to use the internet when i got there however they have a 5 hour electric strike every day so i had to wait. apparently as it was an emergency i could use the battery internet and yey yey yey! she had emailedme. i went to the hotel they were in and sorted out a room, as i was leaving to find her, there she was! went for a drink and caught up. jaisalmer is right near pakistan, there is a huge amount of army here and i saw fighter jets which looked completly out of place against the old fort. the next day we went to a lake with beautiful old temples on it and hired a pedal boat, all was going well until we got stuck on a sand bank in the middle o the lake and had to be rescued by two indian boys, they told me i look like a bollywood star! (can't remember her name but it cant be bad!) we then went in to the fort to eat and do some shopping. Jaisalmer fort is very old and because the people who live in it keep building and not conserving it. it is danger of collapse, lonely planet recommends that people dont astay in the fort but outside in the newer area and so do i, it was beautiful to eat in and have an amazing view but you can see in some parts that it is about to collapse! also because of this \, not so many tourists go there which does mean you get quite a bit of hassle. we stayed another night and played poker and got a resturant to do a takeaway, also sampled some of the local old monk rum! whaaa!, next morning i went to get a bus backto jodhpur and this time it was quiet scary, the bus seemed to love leaning to the left and on several occasions i thought we were going over the edge!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb