the blue city


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 10th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

oh i love Jodphur!!!! when you arrive in the city, you think that it is just like any other, but as i made my way to the yogi guest house and went through the arch to the old city it all changes, all the houses (havelis) are blue, bright blue and this contrast against the huge fort towering behind, yogi guest house is definitly where you should stay if you go, it is a five hundred year old five story haveli with a wkd roof top resturant that you can see all of jodphur from and is only ten minutes from the farm. i waited fro annika and matt to turn up but when they did they were not allowed to stay there as they have a driver and he willingly told them he gets commission if they stay where he says. i decided to still stay there as it is so nice. i went and played some poker and shithead with them and thern had an early night.

today i got up and met them for breakfast on the roof top and then booked my bus ticket to Udaipur tomorrow 7am!!!! then checked out as i am just going to share their room tonight. We went to the fort and it is amazing, we took the audio tour (totally recommend it) which tells you the whole history of the place and also random facts about everything from opium use in india to symbolism of certain colours in indian dress!!!! we walked around the fort and i got totally snap happy, it is amazing. i then got accosted by lots of harcis (i think thats what there called) who are the third sex in india basically, they are either hermaphrodites or gay and look like transvestites in sari's but they wouldnt leave me alone, and kept saying wierd things in hindi to me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! only when i said matt was my husband did they leave me alone. hopefully they didnt think i was one of them (no comments please!)

then we went to the palace of the maharajah, who's family still live in one bit and the other is a hotel. madonna is staying there at the mo! we couldnt go in as there is a 2000R cover charge for any meal and thats loads so we just walked around outside for a little bit and took some pictures.

we got back in our rickshaw and headed back to town. we went for a thali in this guys resturant who had lynched us earlier to look at his foreign money collection and his comment book from previous customers "uncommonly crispy toast" should of known then! not so good a thali unless you were wanting to play guess the mystery vegetable or grey sauce! off to udaipur in the morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb