I've Really Left the Country!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
August 19th 2005
Published: August 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yay! I made it out of the country! I am in Amsterdam on a 2-hour layover after a sleepless flight, on my way to New Delhi. The airport here is AMAZING, save the not-so-friendly-looking guy who greets you with a machine gun as you exit the airplane. Other than that, this airport is spotless, has high-speed internet, lots of food, shopping....I may just vacation here;-) For those of you who like drama, something crazy happened to my left ear on my flight to Minneapolis, and now I can barely hear out of it. It made me realize that I would rather lose my sight, my limbs, *anything* before I would want to lose my hearing. I'm sure it'll be better after I've had a chance to rest. Anyway, lots of love to all of you!

Cheers,
Jessica


Advertisement



19th August 2005

Valsalvo Your Ears
Jessica, Try unplugging your ears by doing a "valsalvo". It is what scuba divers do. Take one hand and plug your nose and hold your lips shut. Gently blow. You should feel your ear drums pop out. You may feel your right ear and not your left ear.
19th August 2005

By the way, I LOVE your blogs
Your shares are such authentic stream of consciousness. I feel like I am in the Amsterdam airport. You are awakening my travel bug!! It is transforming from a sleeping caterpillar to a Mexican jumping bean. Thanks. :)
19th August 2005

Schipol and your ear
Next time in Schipol try the sushi bar or the Espresso bar or the casino (I won 80 Euro last trip there) For your ear; press on the inner ear point on the same ear and also needle or press SJ 2 or 3. Ciao Bella Doc
20th August 2005

YAY!!!
Hi, my sweet! Oh, so great to hear from you! This is my first ever blog so bear with me, ye readers, since I don't know the cultural norms of such an environment. Anyway ... here goes ... First, the mom in me must ask -- how' your ear and your hearing? What's going on? Second, where are you and where are you staying? Third, are you having a most incredible and amazing time? And, last, is there any chance you'll be able to phone or e-mail me to answer my non-stop questions. I'm going to g'ma's shortly -- to "do" her hair and to take over Church's chicken to her and grandpa. I was going to print out your blog and give it to her but, after the ear / hearing comment, I figure I'd better not. You know how concerned she'll get. But please do update your blog website and phone or e-mail if / when you can. Tom and I just returned from up north late last night -- visited our friends on Pipe Island (check out pipeisland.com for photos and info), stayed in Mackinaw City for a rainy day, and drove down through Charlevoix to Traverse City and visited with Aunt Kathi, Mark, and a couple of BNI director friends who live up there. Tom even attended a BNI meeting with me on Friday morning! :) Today we went to the Lions game -- they lost -- bummer but no surprise. And tomorrow we're heading for the NASCAR race at Michigan International Speedway -- Tom's son-in-law Yogi got us special garage tour and "VIP" tent access -- free food and bevvies. That'll be cool. It's only the second race I've been to in person but with these perks, this is the way to go, eh?! I'm gonna run now -- to get dinner to grandma/g'pa. Please keep in touch when you can! Love to a most amazing and extraordinary individual, who just happens to be MY DAUGHTER!!! Love, hugs, kisses, Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox ad infinetum Where's my moose? :)
23rd August 2005

Hearing...
Now you know what it was like for me throughout our ILP and then coaching afterwards... :)

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb