Beaches near Pune


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Pune
August 11th 2017
Published: August 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Flanked by the sea on one side and mountains on the other, the Western coast of Maharashtra and Goa is a fascinating strip of land with a lot of history and natural beauty. Pune residents love to take their seaside breaks with so many options for rejuvenating getaways. Here are some of the top beach towns and destinations near Pune.



Ganpatipule

The Konkan coast has its share of scenic white sand beaches, some less visited than the others. Ganpatipule beach is one such white sand destination that enamours visitors at first sight. Swaying palm and sultry weather provides a stage for tired city folk to replenish their minds and souls. Other natural attractions include rocky cliffs and verdant coastal vegetation. The Ganapati temple present here is a much-revered site, blending in with the tranquillity of the shore with utmost harmony. Ganpatipule is a 6-hour journey south from Pune, via the NH48.



Alibag

Watch the waves crash into the fort at Alibag, one of the important coastal towns on Maharashtra’s coast. The fort was built by Shivaji in 1680. There are many other attractions at Alibag which point at the multi-cultural influences of this beach town. The synagogue at Alibag is one of the oldest in the entire country. Alibag’s main attraction remains its beach, where one can witness stunning sunsets and while away an evening in serenity. Some of the other beaches which should be visited include Varsoli, Akshi and Nagaon beach. Book Cabs in Pune and enjoy this 140 km journey west.



Tarkarli

Located in the southern part of Maharashtra, Tarkarli is home to a coral beach and the famous Mahapurush temple. Some of the activities you can indulge in this picturesque beachside town include boating, scuba diving and trekking. Tarkarli is ideal for adventure-seekers and those who are looking to just relax. The area also features backwaters and the Sangam area where the Karli River flows into the sea.



Kashid

The Northern Konkan destination of Kashid is known for its beautiful beach, a loved destination for visitors from Mumbai and Pune. Some of the landmarks in this coastal town include the 500-year-old MurudJanjira Fort, surrounded by the azure Arabian Sea waters. Korlai Fort is another charming attraction, complete with panoramic views and a lighthouse. Nature lovers would love to venture into the quiet surroundings of the Phansad Bird Sanctuary.



Goa

Parties, sand, sun and surf – Goa is easily the most popular holiday destination in India. A mix of coastal communities and a strong Portuguese influence add to the cultural experiences when one explores the landscape and towns of the place. Some of the best beaches in Goa are the Vagator, Anjuna, Morijim and Baga beaches. Activities to indulge in include scuba diving, water-skiing and trekking into the inland landscapes. Find a reliable provider of Pune to Goa cabs and enjoy a memorable road-trip with your close friends.

Mumbai

Much has been chronicled about India’s most dynamic urban landscape. From cricket to Bollywood, there are many things that we associate with the city. The city’s old Victorian buildings and its heritage areas can provide days of discovery for the curious traveller. Some of the popular beaches in Mumbai include Juhu beach and Chowpatty beach. There are a host of high-quality Pune to Mumbai taxi providers to choose from to relish this scenic journey to an enigmatic city.

A walk on the beach and the sight of an ocean is therapeutic in so many ways. The endless horizons and the powerful waves remind us of the infinite beauty and secrets that lie within the oceans. It helps us step away from our myopic daily routines and appreciate the world we live in and the simple things that never tire to amaze us with their beauty. Savour an experience to remember with your friends and family. Head off to these amazing seaboard destinations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb