A Five Day London Adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 10th 2017
Published: August 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post


Have you finally treated yourself with a trip to your dream city where history and tradition greets you at every step - the majestic London? You’ve got the Beatles playing in the background, a bottle of champagne and your London customized travel itinerary on the table. The mood is set. However, you’re having trouble coming up with a plan that will enable you to see all the ‘must see’ places in a short amount of time you’ll be there.

No need to get your knickers in a twist. These travel tips will help you incorporate all the must see attractions into your schedule.

Day One



Don’t waste precious time figuring out which bus or train will take you from Heathrow airport to London downtown where your hotel is, when you could be admiring the mesmerizing view from the London Eye instead. To start off with a bang, just book a private airport transfer service from Heathrow to London well in advance, sit back and get ready for a memorable holiday in London.
Trafalgar Square

The first thing on the agenda is a visit to the iconic Trafalgar Square, home to Nelson’s Column, spectacular stone lions and amazing fountains. You’ll certainly be treated with some sort of a performance, since many cultural events and shows are performed in this square.
The National Gallery

On the square’s north side is the National Gallery. You’ll be transported to a world that houses one the greatest collections of paintings with over 2,300 pieces of art including many famous works, such as van Eyck’s Arnolfini Portrait, Van Gogh’s Sunflowers and Turner’s Fighting Temeraire. The best part is that you can admire all these masterpieces free of charge!
Piccadilly Circus

Take some time to people watch in one of London’s busiest squares - The Piccadilly Circus. Don’t forget to take a picture in front of the famous statue of Eros and the iconic advertising hoarding. Once you’ve regained some energy, stroll through the streets for some shopping time.

Day Two




London Eye

You can’t leave London without visiting one of it’s top tourist attractions. The London Eye is a 443 feet tall Ferris wheel overlooking the river Thames, Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. You’ll experience a 30 minute long, breathtaking 360-degree view of the capital and it’s landmarks. Since this is an extremely popular tourist attraction, make sure to book your tickets in advance.
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

A visit to the Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre will take you back to Elizabethan times. This is a dream spot for all the Shakespeare enthusiasts since this is the place dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work and the playhouse for which he wrote. ‘To see, or not to see: that is the question’

Day Three


Buckingham Palace

A visit to Buckingham Palace, the official residence of the Queen, will satisfy your royal curiosity. You can explore lavishly furnished State Rooms and take a look at the paintings from the Royal Collection. Buckingham Palace’s grand staircase is a ‘must see’, as well as the Throne Room where all the thrones used for ceremonies are stored. You can also take a Garden Tour of a beautiful oasis that contains 350 types of wildflowers and around 200 trees.
Westminster Abbey

Every year this 700-year-old building is visited by thousands of people. Be one of them. You can take a tour of the church with audio guides available in eleven languages. Walk in the steps of Prince William and Catherine on their wedding.
Houses of Parliament

Tours of the Houses of Parliament offer an insight into the perfect blend of history and modern day architecture. And don’t forget it’s most important feature - the clock tower, known as the Big Ben. The clock tower looks even more striking at night when the clock faces are illuminated.

Day Four


Tower of London

You’ll be transported back in time again by visiting this historic castle. Listen to unexpected tales of lost princes, spies and daring escapes from the infamous prison. Discover why was this fortress notoriously known as a place of torture and death.
Tower Bridge

Step on the famous Glass Floor inside the Tower Bridge and share spectacular photos of the views with your friends once you get home.

Day Five


Notting Hill

If you are one of many who fell in love with the clumsy yet charming William Thacker in the movie Notting Hill follow in his footsteps by taking a walking tour tour of the London neighbourhood.

You’re probably even more excited about your trip now after reading this and you should be! A great adventure awaits. A pour yourself a glass of champagne and start mapping out your travel routes. Don’t forget to leave some time indulging Britain's favourite past time - tea or popping into to a traditional pub for some ale.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.51s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb