Bombay dreams...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
April 1st 2005
Published: April 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

...or Bombay nightmares, as as this was not our most enjoyable stop.
First we endured a 15 hour overnight bus ride from Goa - not nice :-(
Then just as we thought we'd found a nice place to stay (Apollo guest house), our room was located next to the side of a rubbish dump in an alleyway, so a funky smell came seeping through the AC!!! And all kinds of bugs were crawling through the sink.... nuff said! After we both started to get a bit sick, physically and mentally, we spent some extra bucks on another room.

We had a some good and bad experiences during our 5 day stop in Bombay...

Bad first - The pollution was extreme and there was no way of taking one deep breathe, it was just filthy... There were rats the size of small pigs crawling the side streets, and worst of all, the poverty really hit home.

Good - We hit a few good bars and clubs in the suburbs including a club called 'Seijo and the Soul dish' which was a mixture of Japanese, western and live drumbeats and the interior walls were painted with large sized manga characters.
Big attraction at the GatewayBig attraction at the GatewayBig attraction at the Gateway

Many Indians seem so fascinated by my hair - "You look like indian Barbie doll!"

We also celebrated HOLI, a Hindu festival which involved spreading the lurrve through paint... see pics. We partied in the street with some local Indians and ended up being bigger attractions than the Gateway of India.


Im a bit behind with my diary updates because I've been sick this past week, so bare with me and all will be explained in my next entry.

I also want to say thanks to all those of you who have emailed me and written comments, keep them coming
:o)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Holi FestivalHoli Festival
Holi Festival

Dancin' in the street!!!


15th April 2005

.
hey i wondering if you were ok or not and then i got your journal. looks like bombay wasnt the best of places to hit. but hey i guess it all adds to the experience. x - fahmida

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb