Laughing Buddha


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
March 19th 2005
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Anjuna last Wednesday evening and stayed the night in Margaon before heading to Palolem Beach (South Goa) on Thursday. We spoiled ourselves with a room with a TV, and stayed up till 2am catching up on a bit of news, Baywatch, MTV Asia and Bollywood films.

Now in Palolem, we're staying in a coco beach hut in the company of Scott and Julie, our friendly backpacking neighbours, whom we met on the bus ride here, and we've also hooked up with Tor and Marika who are staying in huts further along the beach.

On Friday evening we found a cool bar called the ‘Laughing Buddha’ where we all spent the evening unwinding to some funky house beats and live percussion.

The days are very hot (approx 37 degrees C), so we've mostly been chillin on the beach. Today we went to the north end of the beach and swam over to an Island, and then we took a boat tour for an hour to see dolphins.

We plan to go to Bombay in the next few days, hopefully a Bollywood film director will spot us...


Few thoughts on Goa…

Ever wondered what
Water babyWater babyWater baby

splashing in the water between islands
your Grandma would look like cruising on an Enfield motorcycle??? Then come to Goa...

I’ve enjoyed my time here, and overall, I think Goa attracts laidback tourists, considering we avoided the heavy touristy areas. You’ll find the kind of people who don't like the clichéd tourists, like hardcore Israeli ravers who burn their passports so they won’t have to go back home, grandma's cruising Enfield motorcycles and crazy German guys battling it out to send each other home. It’s an interesting mix that works against the backdrop of palm tree filled beaches.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Our beach hutOur beach hut
Our beach hut

If you look closely, you can see me sitting on the porch :o)
Sunset at Patnem beach, PalolemSunset at Patnem beach, Palolem
Sunset at Patnem beach, Palolem

All watching the sunset with a local Indian trying to sell us some Buddha stickers
Laughing Buddha partyLaughing Buddha party
Laughing Buddha party

Scott, Julie, Tor, Erik and I
Erik's view 6pmErik's view 6pm
Erik's view 6pm

From Silver Star restaurant


31st March 2005

Laughing Buddha
I spent about six months in Palolem, a couple of years ago, at the Laughing Buddha (they have huts as well)...great place/people. I can't wait to go back...and am curious to know how things are going over there? Did you meet the family that runs/owns it? - shanti
25th September 2005

palolem beach and budda laughing
hi friends, i am so happy to add my comment here, because i have been there in budda laughing resort for more that one month, and i really enjoyed my holydays. hope to be back very very soon. Mr. Aneel and his family were so kind and it is nice to pass some days there with them.
29th January 2006

PALOLEM
HI,I SPEND 3 MONTHS IN PALOLEM,ITS THE BEST! WE STAYED NEXT TO LAUGHING BUDDHA.FERNANDES,ITS A VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY,THE BOYS HOS WORKING THERE(SAM,SECH,SANDJE,RAMON)ARE SO HELPFUL AND PLEASENT.NOVEMBER WERE COMMING BACK!!
20th February 2006

searching for phone number
hi there, it is again me. i am looking for the phone number of laughing budda cafe. coz, i want to go back there this august. but can't find the number.
16th March 2006

just turn up!
Agi will make anyone welcome and feel right at home! We've never had to book!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb