First days of choas/madness


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
October 6th 2010
Published: October 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arriving on the 4th of October 2010 at 10.30am local time Mumbai we step outside of the airport and it hits us! We are in Mumbai, India! We heard on the plane it would be 29 degrees, but we heard it wrong... More likely it was 39 degrees!! Hot hot hot!
We straight got into the choas by taking a taxi from the airport to our hostel! They love their horns and they don't give a shit about lanes! 3 lanes make it into 6 lanes!
Both really quiet in the back of the taxi.. Letting it soak in! Be stunned by it all!

Our 2nd day we went for a boat trip to Elephanta Island to see one of the temples of Shiva! Again hot hot hot!! We defently have to get more fit! Those stairs where killing us! Scary dogs, crazy monkeys, beggers, "sales persons" harassing us all the way!! Sweat dripping down our faces, back, belly, legs, arms...
But it was all worth it! The temple was amazing!

Mumbai is a cool (hot) city but we decided to get the hell out of here!! Our next destination will be Goa... Soak up some sun and hopefully chill a bit! But first we have to survive the train from Mumbai to Goa! It's only a 12 hour train trip 😞 Bought 2nd class tickets, but hey who knows what we get for that! We just have to figger that one out tomorrow!







Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



6th October 2010
Mumbai

wow
This is completely different from the beaches of Australia!
10th October 2010
Streets Mumbai

Whaha those cabs!!
10th October 2010

Wauwwww
Hi Aris and Josh!! Great to hear from you both!! Mumbai really looks amazing!! Also great pictures, especially those of the Shiva temple and the monkey's :) And by seeing those of the taxi cabs I had a flashback to Peru haha!! We're looking forward to your next adventures!! Have fun!!!
10th October 2010

Jullie reis is begonnen!! Wauw!! ENJOY!!!
10th October 2010

Monkey business hey?!
Haha, love it love it love it!! Amazing pics already, well done guys. Big kisses from 77. xoxo

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb