Early bird gets the tadpole


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Periyar National Park
February 18th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sitting in the front af a rickshaw is good fun, in a hold on tight, wake yourself up in the morning way.
Were lucky enough to get a ticket for a boat ride, quite a feat considering the vast scrum gathered at 6.30am. Felt an increased level of understanding with a dog from sticking my head out the window. Saw lots of birds, afew otters. A long line of elephants, although some people seem to think they were boar or rocks. Birds are actually interesting, surprisingly. When they hunt at least. And some can stay underwater astonishingly long. Imagine being a bird hovering still above the water then dive bombing into the water below after some enormous tadpole, I'd love to be a bird for a day. Forget rollercoasters. Air currents all the way.
The most exciting animal experience of the day was breakfast. We didn't really take the "Beware of the Monkeys" sine seriously. Three pieces of our toast and jam was artfully stolen by a monkey moving at superspeed that appeared out of nowhere and ran over Emili's dosai as it escaped with its hoard. The toast was someone's reject food anyway, since Indian jam and toast is very strange in a fried and really sweet way. They are good with masala though. Emili got a great picture couple of the monkeys on the roof getting intimate.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb