On Heat


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 17th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It is so great to be almost tepid. A few ays ago Em left her thermometer clock smoke alarm gadget outside, after 10 mins the translucent screen had turned black like exposed film. Miraculously, wrapping it in a wet t-shirt revived it. Emotional connections to belongings should be severed. It reached 48 C according to the thermometer. So Delhi won't made us melt drastically more. Excellent.
On our three hour trek, another guide told us remonstratingly that his group had seen four deer because they had been quiet. But did they see a Drongo-drongo (a black bird) and monkeys, that is the question. The views were fantastic, mountains and valleys and plenty-of-water-green in a feel small but see an amazingly large amount kind of way. A little like seeing lots of stars but on a scale you can actually comprehend. We stalked an elephant without success. It was not feeling sociable so steered clear of us aided by leaves crunching under our feet that were unused to silent forest movement. One being ridden strolled past us in the street earlier, so people had filled some of their elephant gazing expectations.
Saw a Keralan dance involving storytelling through drums, hand & eye movement that the actors train for for 6 years from aged 12, very odd stuff. The story involved a lust filled girl hassling a prince, so he cut of her extremities. One letter of the dance language was split second eye flicking from side to side, they wore forty kg brightly coloured costumes. A very bizarre spectacle.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb