Last day in Kumily


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Periyar National Park
December 9th 2006
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

KumilyKumilyKumily

saying goodbye to our little tree house!
Today was a nice leisurely day. We slept in (finally) until about 11am. I sat outside while Adam got some cream for his neck. We deduced he had a fungus, so hopefully it'll clear up with this medicine. It was nice to just kick back and enjoy the outdoors for a bit.

We met Nick at the Jungle Cafe for lunch and hung out for a few hours. It's such a great spot to chill. Out in the trees there were black bulges hanging from the branches -- they kind of looked like fruits, but were bats! It was cool to see them all sleeping. The manager of the Cafe said they usually sleep in a different area, so it was neat that they had moved and we got to see them (especially since bats are my favorite animal!).

In the afternoon we walked to the bus station (so we knew where it was for tomorrow) as well as going ot the ATM to pull out some cash. We decided to do a bit more shopping around the area, and bought some vanilla beans to take home for our family and friends, as well as some homemade chocolate. The
KumilyKumilyKumily

the inside of our room. (the bed took up most of the space!)
chocolate had bits of butterscotch in it. Very delicious. We decided to get Karen's parents a gift for when we see them -- for all their help in getting our trip worked out. We picked out a Keralan wall hanging. It's red, and patchwork, with lots of different beading. They're really beautiful. I thought about getting one...but I wasn't sure where I'd put it! (especially since I know I wouldn't be hanging it on my wall!)

We had our last dinner and nightcap with Nick, and parted ways at midnight. We had to pack and get ready to get up at 6:45am. I'm glad we met him though, and hopefully we meet again one day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

KumilyKumily
Kumily

Monkeys sitting on the wall on our way into town.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb