Kumarakom


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kollam
December 11th 2006
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

KumarakomKumarakomKumarakom

Houseboat on the lake.
Today has been an incredibly lazy day. But it felt nice. We had a buffet breakfast of mostly Indian food and then got picked up right on time. The drive here was just about an hour and a half. We are staying at a resort called Water Scapes, and it is beautiful. We're in a big hut on stilts with 2 hammocks below us...situated in trees and by canals. We booked a backwater package in America for 3 nights (Cochin, Kumarakom, Houseboat) and picked the Deluxe...we can't imagine what the Superior would have been like!

It was very warm today. We checked in and then went and got some lunch at the restaurant (which overlooks a lake). We had some manchurian chicken (delicious) and a chicken curry made with some coconut milk. Then we hung out in our a/c room until the late afternoon when it had cooled off a tiny bit. We then sat and read in the hammocks until the sun went down and it was too dark to read anymore. It was incredibly relaxing.

We had 9pm dinner, which was a buffet style, and got to try some good dishes: butter chicken masala with chipati, and
KumarakomKumarakomKumarakom

Our room and hammocks!
some fish fry (those were the best). We even got some icre cream for dessert -- it came with this chocolate topping with bits of mango and banana in it. We split a beer, but it wasn't as good as the ones in Kumily.

I took a lovely shower and got into PJ's. Tomorrow we leave at 11am for Alleppey where we get on our houseboat. I'm really excited for that!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb