Kerala 4:59 AM


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
February 23rd 2009
Published: December 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a 12hour bus journey... feet on our knee's, we finally arrived in Emnakulum...



Shook the pins and needels out of my feet and found an Auto, 150ruppees later... Princess St Fort Cochin... Finding somewhere to stay was a little diffrent, all hotels on that street expensive and full!!



A man approached us on his bike asking if we were looking for somewhere to stay, he seemed kind and harmless so we followed him two streets away to a beautiful homestay! Living room, courtyard, a small outside living area and a double bed with a bathroom a bargin at 400ruppees!



A stroll around the town, i brought a handmade leather book, we dicovered the wonders of Chineese fishing nets and were almost riled in ourselfs by the stalls of fresh fish



By 7 i was knocked out, the dream of fresh fish for dinner a distant memory and the beauty of sleep over taking me



19th Feb... Met up with Cathy... Went for coffee in an art cafe, best coffee i've had in India, served at Indian time of course



Discussed the issues of India and relaxed... Yes i said relaxed Kerala is defiantly a place that brings the word relax to mind...



Managed to blag an Auto to Allappy for 300Ruppees ... Stayed in a beautiful hotel and 20th... Five star curise on the backwaters



Double room, bathroom, 3 very large meals, overnight stay and ... swimming! I swam in the backwaters, if you don't ask you don't get, and i got, unfortunatly not what i expected, water warm but very shallow and layered with thick mud... The backwaters experience is defantily not over rated! It was amazing, something i'd love to spend more time doing at a later date...



Varkala, a 2 hour train ride from Allappy, train not what i expected, 2class AC means a hard seat with a few fans 😞



Have dicided that i like Varkala so am staying here for a week instead of going to Goa.



Fresh fish in a hippy dive that sells COCKTAILS!



This morning i've started the day with a juice from the Juice Shack, very good vibe, everyone chilled out and lovely.



What i have noticed is the little shops that are no owned by Tibetans are owned by Karnataka families, Karnataka is the state Bangalore is in and unlike Kerala which is reknown for its good schools and education system, alot of street children and low class children in Karnataka do not attend school. This is refected here by the young women hard selling to stay afloat.







Big Love







Xxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb