Varkala 18:33 PM


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
February 27th 2009
Published: December 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After an amazing, but very intense month in Bangalore, Kerala has been a breath of fresh air.







On arriving to Varkala, I felt at peace.



Although i have been mostly beaching it, as town is an Auto away and in this heat the furthest anyone can walk is to the sea, I can defiantly see a big difference in the people here.



When i first arrived the site of a woman in a strap top, shocked me! I stayed covered up until the forth day, when i popped out in short shorts and a strappy. Only once, as shorts are too hot, the only thing cool enough to wear is trousers. Its strange as in London i never wear trousers that here i wear them everyday.







On the 24th i went to an Elephant Festival in town. When we all arrived there wearing hundreds of Indian family's inside this temple getting really, dressing there children in there best clothes and decorating there faces and hair. It was really interesting to see the preparation that goes into it.







A range of different dances, drumming, plays and music followed, all with the deepest intensity. One thing i noticed and found strange was that they were no women in any of these things, even the Woman in the play was played by a man with fake boobs, it was very Shakespeare.







Tomorrow morning i embark on a 3day train journey to Dehi. I'm a little worried, mostly about not be able to smoke or walk around, but also that it may be very tiring.







Anyway, Stay safe and well my loves







Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb