Top Tourist Places in Kerala to Visit in Summer


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Alleppey
April 28th 2016
Published: May 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post



Slow down travellers!

Are you planning for trips for this summer?

Do you want to explore some of the beautiful places in the world?

Then, for sure, Kerala is going to give you a bliss!

Kerala, known as God's Own Country has some of the best tourist destinations in the world for any type of vacations, holidays or honeymoon.Blessed with beautiful hill stations and stunning valleys, Kerala is a wonderful place to visit especially in Summer.

Making a brief idea about the best tourist places in Kerala will be very useful for your trip.Here are some of the top tourist places in Kerala to check out.

Alleppey Backwaters

First and foremost tourist attraction in Kerala is the mesmerizing backwaters of Alleppey. Also known as Venice of East, Alleppey is famous for its boat races, backwater holidays, beaches, marine products and coir industry.

A long houseboat trip along the natural backwaters in Alleppey provides you a chance to observe landscapes like lavish paddy areas, bunch of Coconut trees below the water levels.Lazy ride floating on the backwaters with traditional food of Kerala cuisines will be a peaceful travel experience.Some other tourist destinations in Alleppey are Marari beach,Pathiramanal, Arthungal church, Ambalapuzha Sri krishna temple etc. Alleppey is the best tourist destination for those who are looking for a relaxing vacation.




Munnar



Welcome honeymooners!

Munnar, a beautiful hill station located in South India, offers the best holidays and honeymoon trips for travellers.Exclusive views of mountain slopes embedded with green tea plantations gives you a wonderful travel experience.There are also lots of waterfalls and hiking travel routes in Munnar for those who like adventures.Mattupetty Dam, Eravikulam National Park , Marayoor Dolmens, Anamudi, Indo Swiss Diary Farm, Lockhart Gap, Cheeyapara Waterfalls are some of the hotspots in Munnar. While visiting Munnar, if you are lucky, you can see Neelakurinji flower which blossoms once in twelve years.All these makes Munnar an ambient tourist destination in Kerala.




Wayanad




Here is yet another paradise for nature lovers!

Wayanad, the land of serene paddy fields and lush green forests, is one the best places to visit for travellers who loves nature. It is a perfect weekend destination for families and honeymoon couples.Travelling through Thamarassery churam opens up the land of misty mountains and awesome viewpoints.Pookote lake, Soochipara waterfalls, Kuruva Island etc are some of the beautiful places to visit in Wayanad.Cold breeze with enchanting landscapes gives a rejuvenating travel experience.



Thrissur



Do you wanna see the cultural hub of Kerala?

Well you are in such a place now!

While speaking about Thrissur, the first thing comes to one's mind is the Thrissur Pooram. It is an annual Hindu temple festival conducted in Vadakkumnatha temple in Thrissur.The festival is packed with many beautiful events and systems which gives a charming experience to the traveller.Being the cultural capital of Kerala, Thrissur is rich of many other small pooram festivals too.Apart from its cultural richness,Thrissur is also famous for Athirapalli waterfalls, Snehatheeram beach etc. All this makes the place a must watchable one during the Kerala trip.




Kozhikode




Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, is one of the best tourist destinations in Kerala.Serene beaches,Historic sites and people with unique culture make Kozhikode an attractive place to visit.The place is also famous for its tasty food especially Kozhikoden Halwa and Biriyani, which attracts many tourists to Calicut.S.M Street(Sweet Meat Street) is a street where many business activities take place from very ancient times.




Vagamon




Vagamon is a hillstation in Kottayam-Idukki border.This is a chain of three hills called Thangal hill, Murugan hill and Kurisumala which are enchanting and abundant with flora and fauna.The ride to Vagamon through bushy pine forests will be a mind-blowing experience to the traveler. Waterfalls,rocky outcrop and acres of forests add beauty to the face of Vagamon. Adventurous games like Paragliding,Trekking and many other entertainments are provided by the tourism department.Vagamon will stole your travel mind by its serenity.




Trivandrum




As the capital city of Kerala, Trivandrum have many Heritage sites and scenic places to wander.Important among them is the Sri Padmanabha swami Temple,which is an ancient Temple built with a single big stone and beautiful architecture.The city is packed with temples,museums,beaches and wild life adventures. Thenmala, ponmudi etc. are the best places to visit in Trivandrum.




Holidays are always the best times to make memories.If you choose a good tourist destination from the globe,then amazing moments are awaiting you.Kerala is such a place gifted with many enchanting and mind blowing tourist spots.You can make your summer holidays realistic by visiting Kerala.A trip to Kerala is not completed without visiting above mentioned spots.

So when are you going to check out Kerala?

Or have you already visited such places?

Feel free to share your experiences with us!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb