Amazing things to do in Alleppey in summer


Advertisement
Asia
April 30th 2016
Published: May 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post



Hey !

Are you looking to spend this summer in Kerala?

Or is this your honeymoon trip?

Then joyful moments are awaiting for you in Alleppey!

God's Own country is blessed with a magical bloom of greenery that it will relax and rejuvenate your mind.Alleppey, also known as Venice of East, is a perfect travel destination that one should not miss in their travel diaries.There are many places to visit and enough things to do in Alleppey. Here are some of the top things to do in Alleppey to make your summer trip enjoyable.



Float in backwaters

Houseboats in Alleppey provides a wonderful platform for travelers to enjoy their holidays. Long lazy rides in luxury houseboats reveals the serene and natural beauty of Alleppey backwaters .Floating in the backwaters along with delicious food provided by chefs will be a worthful travel experience.Service providers offer various packages for travellers. Local village beauty and public interaction are also included.So that you will be able to understand the routine of local peoples who depend on backwaters for transportation of goods.Service providers also offer Alleppey honeymoon packages exclusively for newly married couples.




Beach pranks at Marari

It’s time for some fun with water!

Marari Beach is an ideal tourist spot for beach holidays.White sands along with coconut trees add a peaceful atmosphere to the beach.Swimming is allowed on the beach which is prohibited in almost all of the beaches in Kerala.Games like beach-volleyball, surfing, swimming, etc are permitted on the beach which gives you a different experience.




Sacred face of Alleppey

Apart from backwaters and houseboats, you can visit many religious places in Alleppey. Ambalapuzha Sree Krishna Temple is one of the famous temples in Kerala.It is an ancient temple established early during 15-17 AD.The sweet porridge made of milk, sugar and rice offered in this temple called Amabalapuzha Pal payasam is famous and is very delicious.Many devotees are visiting the temple daily

Arthunkal village is one of the best pilgrimage centres in Alleppey.The place is famous for its Church known as Arthungal Church, which has the Roman martyr St.Sebastian as its patron.Hundreds of devotees especially Christians visit the church everyday. The traditional fest of the church is celebrated in January when huge crowd comes from several places of Kerala.Interestingly, an Eagle flies around the sky during the fest and has become a part of the grandmother stories.




Pathiramanal Diaries

Another tourist attraction of Alleppey is Pathiramanal, which is an Island embedded with backwaters.Pathiramanal is an extreme paradise for birdwatchers.Many kinds of rare migrating birds from different parts of the world can be seen here.The place is witnessed for many movie shootings in various languages and is popular among the tourists.Many Alleppey tourists packages highlights this place because of its serenity.




Blissful Kuttanad

Do you want to experience the village life?

Then Kuttanad is the genuine tourist spot to visit!

It's is one of the major rice granaries of Kerala.Vast Paddy fields extending across silent backwaters creates a hilarious feel inside you.Flocks of parrots swinging in the paddy fields give a peaceful mindset to the traveller.A walk across the Kuttanad road will give you a picture of the routine life of locals who depends primarily on agriculture.You can see vegetable vendors floating on the backwaters.Also all types of multi-brand items are available in this floating market.




Karumadi village

Are you interested in exploring ancient monuments?

Then it’s time to go through one of it.Karumadi is a beautiful village in Alleppey.Main attraction here is the Karumadi temple dedicated to Lord Buddha.Many centuries ago, Buddism existed in southern Kerala. Karumadi temple is an example of this existence.Interesting thing is that the left side of the idol is missing, and the locals believe that the idol has hidden powers.




Heritage Museums

Are you bored of your Alleppey trip only with backwaters and houseboats?

Don’t worry! There are some other things to watch in Alleppey.

Museums are remnants of ancient history.If you want to look three generations back of a family, RKK museum (REVI KARUNAKARAN MUSEUM ALLEPPEY) gives you enough.The museum is an answer for how a private collection transformed into a museum.Its built by Mrs. Betty Karan in memory of her beloved husband, Revi KarunaKaran, a frontline businessman of the Coir Industry in Kerala.The museum shows you precious and rare artifacts, antiques, ivories and paintings collected around the three generations of Karan family.

Another one is the Krishnapuram Palace which was once the residence of Kayamkulam rulers.Palace is now an Archeological museum.You will be attracted by the Kerala style architecture and mural paintings inside the palace.The beautiful garden landscaped outside the palace will glorify your mind.

Trip to kerala will not be completed without visiting Alleppey.If you are looking for honeymoon trip,then Alleppey is a worthful choice that you can make.Romantic souls can enjoy their private moments at its full gear. This is the reason why many service providers are offering Honeymoon packages to Alleppey. Along with backwaters and houseboats,Alleppey is packed with many other entertainments.Travellers usually don’t miss to visit Alleppey during their Kerala trip.

Have you already visited these places ?

Do you have any other hotspots to suggest in Alleppey?

Share your thoughts and suggestions with us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb