A complete guide to book Kerala Houseboats


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Alleppey
April 27th 2016
Published: May 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post





Well, all set for your Kerala trip?

What about an Alleppey houseboat trip?

Houseboat rides in Alleppey backwaters cannot be avoided from your Kerala travel diaries.

Literally, It's a floating house!

Away from your busy life, riding lazy on the Alleppey houseboats will provide you with a soothing experience. Travellers end their search for complete rejuvenation and enjoyment right here.

As houseboat concept is widely accepted by travellers around the globe,many service-providers has been stepped into the business.A number of packages and services evolved.

Eventually, you should get confused about choosing the right houseboat service.

Don't worry! If you check some simple things, you can also get the best houseboat service available in Alleppey, Kerala. Here we are providing you a complete guide to book a houseboat service in Kerala.

From Where to Hire a Houseboat

Alleppey, the gateway for Kerala backwaters, is the place where the majority of the houseboats starts.Approximately there are about 500 houseboat providers in Alleppey. Many resorts and luxury hotels have their own houseboats as well.You can book the houseboat directly or online booking facilities are available.



Best routes to Cruise

Do you know about water routes in Alleppey?

While selecting a houseboat service, its important to know about the cruising route.You can make a round trip from Alleppey-Alleppey.In this trip, you can get a closer look to the backwaters and canals in the village areas of Alleppey.



Apart from this, one-way trips are also available.

Alleppey-Kuttanad, Alleppey-Kumarakom, Alleppey-Cochin, etc. are one-way cruising routes.These are comparatively long routes.So that you can spend a long time inside the houseboat.The more hours you want to spend on houseboats,more will be the rent.

Condition of the Houseboat

Do you know how your houseboat look like?

Do you think it looks same as the online image that you watched?

Images that you have seen may be taken at the time of the houseboat's inauguration!

Before booking a houseboat, you should know about the age of the houseboat and the present condition of the boat.Houseboats are made of wood.Lifespan of a typical houseboat is about 6-10 years. Atleast one annual maintenance should be conducted for a houseboat.You can ask all these information to your service provider before booking the houseboat.

Where do you get Food

Food is usually cooked inside the houseboat itself. A chef is readily available to cook and serve your food.All raw materials are stocked inside the boat before cruising.Usually, food available in Kerala cuisines are served to the tourists.If you have any preference,then you should inform it earlier.Moreover,items like alcohol will not be available inside the boat.If you want such things, you should carry it separately.

How much is the Rent

At what price are going to hire a houseboat?

Usually, houseboats are expensive due to its maintenance.Various packages are available according to the services offered.If you get a houseboat for cheap rent, always look at the service offered and the condition of the boat.Remember, you are here to enjoy your holidays.



Crew Members

Usually three members will be there in the houseboat at the cruising time.A driver to control the boat, an Engine operator and a chef to cook and serve your food.




Best Time to Hire a Houseboat

You can hire a houseboat all year round.Anyway December-January is the peak season for hiring a houseboat as the weather is cool and dry.Monsoon season is also a fabulous time to hire.Tourists include Ayurvedic treatments along with cruising during monsoon season.Special discounts are also available at this time.If you are hiring a houseboat at summer season, air conditioned houseboats will be better.



Booking/Cancellation facilities

You can book a houseboat by giving a small advance amount.This can be given directly or online transfer is available. Once you are going to book a houseboat, always ask about the cancellation policies of the provider.Because,sometimes at the peak seasons, they will ask the entire advance amount for cancellation.



Additional Services

Some of the service providers offer extra services including visits to villages, churches, etc. Some other includes traditional art forms like kathakali to play inside the houseboats.Such services differ by packages or service providers.



Backwater rides cannot be avoided from your Kerala travel diaries. Every traveller to Alleppey has returned with some beautiful memories to cherish.If you have a clear idea of selecting a houseboat in Kerala, then you will be able to enjoy some beautiful times with your family.

So what are you waiting for?

Still confused of selecting houseboats?

Share your doubts and experiences with us!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb