Day 8


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
December 29th 2014
Published: December 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 8
We had a relaxed morning this morning; waking up naturally, which was a refreshing change! Although we were awoken in the night by a random phone call. I answered it half asleep. It was all in Indian, I just kept replying that I didn't understand, but he continued to rabble on. Very frustrating, T found it very funny! lol
We packed our bags ready to move on again. We met with Kate and Nicola for our final breakfast before parting our ways. It was a hearty English breakfast this morning, well, as English as it gets in India! Cereal, fruit, toast with jam and tea.
We set of for Bangalore, which is abut 150k. We have a couple of stops on the way.
The first stop was after only 10 minutes whilst still in Mysore. It was at a beautiful Catholic Church. We weren't allowed inside as the service had already started, but the doors were open, it was amazing inside, as well as outside.
Then back in the car for 15km to the Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary. We saw lots of varieties of birds on our boat trip in the sanctuary, and a few crocodiles, although only from a distance. Before leaving we fit in one last palace, The Palace of Tipu Sultan.
In Bangalore, we leave Kate and Nicola, they are getting the sleeper bus to Goa, whereas Tom and I are getting a local bus to Chennai. We will stay there overnight before flying to Goa the following day, my birthday!
With Nijams help we found the correct sleeper bus to Chennai. We arrived safely in Chennai.... Early! It was quite an experience waiting in the rain for Muhto to find us, which he did about an hour later. We arrived at our, very nice looking hotel, then went straight to our room. We sat for a couple of hours, just chatting, drinking tea, and putting the world to rights. Another good day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb